Chapter 12: Stories

Two days before USJ, Midoriya woke up as early as always, but more calm, as that day and the following were going to be exclusively for them to do whatever they wanted. He put on his training suit and went outside the building, but at the entrance corridor he encountered a boy with hair of two colors who also had the training suit on.

 He put on his training suit and went outside the building, but at the entrance corridor he encountered a boy with hair of two colors who also had the training suit on

- Todoroki-Kun! - happily said Midoriya - I wasn't expecting to find anyone awake yet. Looks like I am not the only one who cannot exit his routine.

- Yup - said Todoroki - I am used to waking up early. And it looks like I am not the only one, am I.

- True enough - replied Midoriya. He suddenly felt something inside him, and knew Venom was going to come out.

- Todoroki - said Venom - May I ask you something?

- Of course - replied Todoroki.

- I've been thinking about something lately. - began Venom - You see, I have noticed that you only use your fire when you need to heat up yourself after using your ice too much. Having a Quirk as powerful and useful as yours, it may feel wrong for some people to use it at max knowing they have an enormous advantage over the rest, but I think that It's not your case. You only use it when it's extremely necessary, and you look angry when you do it. I think you don't use it as some kind of rebel act towards, someone. And I think it may possibly be your father, Endeavour - as Venom kept talking, Todoroki's eyes widened as he started to grit his teeth. He was being right about everything. He hated his father, not only because of what he had done to him, but to his whole family.

- Y... You are mistaken, that's not it at all... - starting saying Todoroki, but Midoriya didn't give him time to continue.

- Listen Todoroki - said Midoriya - Both Venom and I know what it's like to hate someone because he has done an irreparable change to you which you never wanted. Venom was taught by his race to kill and despise all life since he was born, and after so much time, now that he is rogue, he still can't change some of his instincts. I was abandoned by my father when I was four years old, when it was discovered that I was Quirkless. He still sends my mother money from the other side of the world, but he didn't want to know anything about us because of my condition. So I grew up without my father's love, praying for finding someone which loved me as much as he was supposed to. My mother did everything she could, and I love her, but even now I miss that part of my life. And I'm going to guess that it was something similar with your father, wasn't it? - he and Venom looked at Todoroki waiting for and answer.

- Tell me Midoriya, have you heard of Quirk marriage? - this sentence caused Midoriya to make an angry grin. He knew what that meant. Quirk marriages were a way of choosing their life mates judging by how powerful their Quirk was - My father bought my mother's family company, and forced her into a Quirk marriage, in order to have... well, Me. He wants me to outshine him and All Might for his personal vengeance. He beat me up since I was a kid for me to grow stronger. I hate him for all of that. But the reason I hate him the most for, is what he did to my mother. She became crazy because of the life he was giving her, and in her madness, she made me this - he pointed at his burn mark - She poured boiling water all over my father's side, because she couldn't stand to watch it. 

From that moment, she has been confined inside an asylum

From that moment, she has been confined inside an asylum. That's the reason why I want to surpass him without using his power more than the strictly necessary.

- His power? - asked Midoriya - Are you an idiot? What if his Quirk was manipulating the wind, would you stop breathing then?! - he said. Todoroki begun to get angry because of this - Don't tell me you intend to surpass everyone with just half your strength!!! - That did it. Todoroki was furious, and punched Midoriya. Midoriya deployed his black mass tentacles, holding Todoroki high above the ground. Todoroki tried to freeze the tentacles, but they just broke the ice and tightened more. Midoriya then slapped Todoroki, leaving him shocked. He wasn't used to this side of Midoriya. - Let me tell you something Todoroki. You think that using your Quirk is doing what he wants. I think that not using it is letting him win. I say you use your power, and demonstrate him that you've forgotten about him, that he no longer has any power at all in your life! IT'S YOUR POWER AFTER ALL, ISN'T IT?! - Todoroki suddenly understood what Midoriya meant. And while his eyes started to let out some tears, his left side became hotter and hotter, causing Midoriya to let go of him. The moment Todoroki touched the ground, his right side froze, while his left side bursted into flames.

 The moment Todoroki touched the ground, his right side froze, while his left side bursted into flames

 While he was lifting himself up, he talked again.

- Midoriya... thank you... - said Todoroki while he extinguished his flames, melted his ice, and hugged Midoriya. Midoriya was surprised at first, because he wasn't used to see Todoroki like this, but after a few seconds, he smiled, and hugged him too. In that moment, their classmates went outside. They had decided to go to the city, and were looking for Midoriya and Todoroki when they saw Todoroki's flames outside. After this, the two boys went to change clothes, and they all together went to the city.