Another Uchiha

Sasuke trudged through the thick wilderness eyeing the passing travellers on the side road. The Uchiha preferred staying off the road, covered by trees and bushes, away from prying eyes. Although it did make him seem like a suspicious figure, the Uchiha could care less. He would seem like a suspicious figure if he walked alone on the road. A sixteen year old carrying weapons but not wearing a village headband. He would either be labeled as a young blacksmith, or a young ninja. He preferred to stay away from all the attention that would come with waling on the main road.

So he stuck to the shadows.

The Uchiha had no specific destination at first. Then he got a summon from Naruto saying that Sakura got herself into some trouble at Kiri.  He had started heading in that direction until Sakura sent a scorpion saying she was fine and it was all a misunderstanding.  That doesn't mean he wasn't going to worry.  He wrote back telling her to keep in touch. 

He was still waiting for her response.  As for now, he was planning on training alone.  He needed some time to himself.  Bee and A didn't quite understand when he tried to explain it, but they were fine with him going.  They made sure to remind him to keep in touch or else they would declare war on Konoha, assuming that the Leaf Village was holding him captive. 

Sasuke didn't want it to end up at that.   So he made sure to send them a letter once he got out of the Land to Lightning.  Now he was traveling through the Land of Hot Water.  From his past experiences and the letters from his teammates, Sasuke knew to be wary of Otogakure, which was bordering Yugakure on the west.  Also bordering Yugakure on the south was the Uchiha's home village of Konoha.  So Sasuke was left with little places to go, unless he wanted to try to cut through the northern border of the Land of Fire and arrive in Takigakure.  He decided to keep it simple for now and just stay in Yugakure

Sasuke wasn't expecting to run into any Oto-nin this far east in Yugakure, so when he saw a few on the traveler's road, he was happy he decided to stay off the road.  Though it only helped him stay out of sight for a little bit.

"Hey Suko, there's some ninja wannabe hiding in the trees." One of the Oto-nin claimed with a laugh.  The other nin, Suko, raised an eyebrow and examined the forest around them before he pinpointed his eyes on Sasuke's location. 

"Hm.  You're right.  He's all yours Furai." Sasuke narrowed his eyes at the familiar name but shrugged it off and prepared to defend himself.  The Uchiha analyzed Furai, noticing that the boy didn't seem to be much older than him.  Furai seemed to be confident that he would beat Sasuke, and so the Uchiha decided to let him make the first move.  Furai threw a couple of kunai at Sasuke, which the Uchiha easily deflected. 

"Who are you?" Furai asked curiously. 

"I was wondering the same thing about you." Sasuke claimed with a raised eyebrow. 

"Don't start talking Furai." Suko scowled.  "If you want to prove your loyalty to Kabuto, now's your chance." Sasuke's eyes widened at statement while Furai seemed to become more serious about the situation. 

"Hai Suko." Furai replied.  He started to approach Sasuke, who had finally decided to jump down from the tree. 

"You work for Kabuto?" Sasuke questioned pulling out one of his katanas.  Furai didn't answer as he began to start making handsigns. 

"Wind release," Furai muttered.  Sasuke planted his katana in the ground and held on to it to keep himself from being blown away.  Furai's jutsu wasn't that strong, and Sasuke noticed that his chakra levels weren't too high.  Sasuke knew he could end this quick.  Once the wind had died down, Sasuke jumped and pulled out his second katana, charging towards Furai.  Furai deflected Sasuke's hit with a kunai and tried to kick out at the Uchiha.  Sasuke caught Furai's leg and pushed him towards the ground.  Furai grunted and Sasuke couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.