PROLOGUE

4 YEARS AGO...

"Father? Father no!?!" she screamed, her voice scratching against her aching throat. "Get away from him! He's only a child father! Father! Father listen to me!"

Her cries fell on deaf ears as the raging Alpha took another threatening step towards the bleeding young pup. It looked no older than seven, blonde curls dipped in scarlet blood and hooded brown eyes too big on its shivering form. It looked at her, begging for help, as more blood gushed from its forehead. She tugged at the emotionless alpha, screaming with the effort but it only angered him more.

There was deafening crack as the Alpha hit his daughter, sending her flying and crashing against an old willow tree, her ribs crushing against it. She lay there for a minute, gazing at its canopy as black dots danced across her vision and her labored breathing shot bolts of white hot pain to her ribs. The moon cast a haunting light through it branches, illuminating the gruesome scene. Selene is watching, she thought, groaning as she rolled to the side, trying to move one way or another. She couldn't let that pup die, oh goddess lend me strength, she had to stop her father.

She looked around, begging for someone to help her but they were all frozen from the Alpha's command, the ancient power of a werewolf leader holding them in place. She could see the anguish burning in their gazes as their bodies trembled from the forced order. They looked murderous and tortured as one of their pups was a silver away from death's doorstep.

Come on, Willow, we can't let an innocent die, fight back, her wolf urged. She grit her teeth and started crawling towards the two wolves, the want to protect her pack stronger than the liquid pain in her ribs. She stifled a scream as her ribs scratched against the rocky ground but kept dragging herself towards the brutal scene.

"Father!" she screamed again, putting all her power as Luna into it. The broad beast stopped and slowly turned towards her, his body shaking as his wolf came out. The once loving brown eyes turned a menacing yellow and a snarl ripped out of its throat. Her whole body locked in fear of it and a soft whimper escaped her lips.

"Shut your fucking mouth you filthy whore! This is your fault! All of this is your fault! Keep that trap shut and watch like the rest of  them weak fuckers! There are consequences when pups cross the line, and they need to be punished!" he growled out.

"Please...please father, he's only six and didn't know what he was doing. Plea-" her words cut short as her head snapped to the side with an audible crack as her own flesh and blood backhanded her. 

"I said shut up!" he roared, "I don't want disobedience! Do as you're told for once bitch!"

She whimpered in fear and pain, her head automatically craning to bare her neck as a sign of obedience.

The Alpha gave one last warning growl before turning his focus back to his victim. Razor-sharp claws started protruding from his nails and a thin layer of fur started coating his body. He visibly grew taller and more hunched as his Lycan form broke out. The sight was as beautiful as it was ruthless. This was a form that belonged to wolves with power. The pack froze in anticipation, all hope draining from their eyes.

No, no, no, this cannot happen, for Selene's sake this pack has been through enough!  I have suffered enough! I am the Luna and I will not let another drop of innocent blood spill!  She thought fiercely.

Just then out of the corner of her eye, she saw the Beta-in-line moving. It was barely any movement but his eyes kept going from her to the tree she hit. She followed his line of sight and her eyes soon fell upon the sharp piece of wood broken off the willow tree she was previously thrown into.

Understanding his message, she reached out with her foot and quietly pulled it towards her. Once it was close enough she reached with her hand and curled her fingers around the weapon. Then with the last of her strength she hurtled her self towards her target, a silent prayer sent to the goddess.

As the deathly claws rose to deliver the final blow, the stake tore through the Alpha's heart. The mighty beast staggered as the young pup scrambled away to avoid the dripping blood. The pack broke from its spell but watched the scene that unfolded before them  with bated breath.

The Alpha turned towards his daughter, his eyes filled with betrayal as the life slowly drained from them. She felt her heart tear itself into pieces as tears ran down her blood splattered face , the blood of her father coating her hand. He took one final step before falling and she watched as he fell at her feet, his life bleeding out of him.

She stared at her dying father in frozen shock, not knowing whether to feel happy or devastated.

"Julia? M-my Julia?" he father rasped out and her heart clenched at the mention of her mother.

"No daddy, it's Willow..." her voice nothing but a sad whisper.

"O-oh Willow...so much like your mother" he coughed, blood staining his pale lips, "I'll be seeing your mother you kn-know."

"No you won't. She's in a much better place than you'll ever be in and she deserves so much better than you." she said anger overtaking her.

The pack watched silently, gazing at their dying Alpha and visibly broken Luna. His darting eyes became still along with his heaving chest. She kneeled down and covered his eyes, softly humming the songs of the moon her voice breaking but carrying strong. She knew he would not receive a proper burial for his crimes and he didn't deserve to but this was the least she could do for him. Mother would have wanted this.

She pressed one last kiss to his forehead and slowly stood up her legs shaking. Forcing herself to tear her eyes away from the dead body, she quickly gazed into the forest. Her thoughts consumed her for what seemed like hours but was truly a few minutes. Then, without facing him she addressed her Beta.

"Look after my pack Ray." she whispered knowing everyone heard.

Those were her final words before she turned and disappeared into the night in a streak of red and white.

A/N: Hey sweethearts! So that's the prologue to 'Willow' I hope you enjoyed it and it leaves you wanting for more. 'Willow' is going to be werewolf themed if that wasn't obvious but there will be some differences from the usual concept of the Moongoddess and lycan beliefs. There will be as less clichés as I can avoid but there will be a few clichés I won't be able to refuse. Please give me your thoughts and opinions and please point out any typos.

I will update every Friday, and if I am unable to I will make sure to do it on the following Saturday or Sunday. I'm not sure about assigning a cast because I don't know if I want to give celebrity faces to my characters but shoot me your opinions.

Bye for now ;)

-Teekay