chapter 39

Next morning nandini woke up feeling a weight on her stomach. She turned around to see Manik sleeping beside her and his arm around her waist. She looks at him studying his features, last night was one of the most peaceful sleeps she has ever had.

Although she knew that Manik and her weren't  pretty clear on where they stand in their relationship, therefore  she was afraid that their might be some awkwardness because of them sharing the bed.

Manik opened his eyes and saw her face first thing in the morning and that thought alone brought a beautiful smile on his face, and nandini couldn't help but smile back. And then just like that she knew it was all good. That whatever it might be they are always going to be just Manik and nandini to each other and no label was necessary to define what they had.

N : good morning

M : indeed ,it is a good morning

Nandini blushed and manik pulled her towards himself, kissing her on the cheek.

N : alright we need to get ready, mom and dad will be home and I really don't want to explain where I was last night.

M : okay

Manik and  nandini get ready and leave the tree house, stopping for breakfast on their way. Everything was going perfect and nandini couldn't be happier.

--------
Murthy mansion

Manik stopped his car near the entrance and looked at nandini.

M : so you have to go

N : seems like that. I had a good time Manik. See you later

M : see you

Manik and nandini are still looking into each other's eyes. And nandini moves forward and pecks Manik's lips. Then she hurriedly gets down and leves, making manik chuckle behind her..

Nandini gets to her room and sees a message from manik.

M : I am sure it could have been better but since it's you, anything is good enough.

Nandini shakes her head to herself, when she was preeti entering her room.

P : so I didn't see you last night

N : yeah I was... I was

P : save it for your brothers, you don't need to explain it to me

N : and I really don't want to explain it to them either.

P : well then it's best friend to the rescue.

Preeti takes out her phone and messaged someone, while nandini brushes her hair.

N : what did you do

P : I just messaged navya that u were at her home last night if anyone asks. And that bestie is your reason for going mia.

N : thank you bestie

P : anyways shivaay bhai has called you and adi to his room, he wants to talk about something.

N : okay fine I'll go

P : oh and while you are at it just inform adi too

N : you haven't told him

Preeti shakes her head and looks the other side. While nandini frowns.

N : I think we need to talk

P : about what

N : you know what, you behaving all weird and cryptic. Also I haven't actually seen you talk to adi recently. What's going on?