chapter 13

Murthy mansion
Hall

Nandini enters the house to see manik talking to shivaay in the hall and adi coming downstairs. Preeti behind him

Ad : princess I am going to drop preeti

N : drop where?

P: I am going to navya's house, it's a night out

N: cool, I am coming to

Preeti suddenly shouts all colour draining from her face. This catches everyone's attention, which she shrugs of with nervous giggles. Nandini can feel something is fishy.

P: no, u can't come because..... Because yes we have nothing special to talk u will be bored yes that's all

N: it's okay anyways I have nothing better to do

P: no I am telling you it's boring we talk about only blog and all so ya

Saying this she takes adi's hand and drags him out of the house.

Nandini doesn't say anything and goes and sits beside shivaay, her head on his shoulder. Manik eyes her curiously to which she just shrugs in response.

N: so talking about anything interesting bhai

S : just business princess

N: great malhotra's and murthy's together in business.

S: this will only happen when certain people stop fighting

He says this eyeing manik to which he just rolls his eyes.

N: wait u mean our companies don't collaborate because of adi and manik. Why don't dad or uncle do something?

S : tried but they are damn stubborn.

N: wow, they have taken it to so many levels

While manik turns his eyes away from nandibi. Adi enters the hall just then

Ad: who has taken what to many levels

S : certain hot headed boys who are fighting over petty stuff and not letting business collaborations happen .

Adi just shrugged his shoulders not willing to say something in front of nandini and goes and sits beside manik.

Ad: so which project were u exactly talking about.

M: the singhania's one. That tensor which we have to submit in a few days.

Ad: Ya my team is working on it.

M: I have certain things to confirm but it's mostly done.

They continue talking about business while shivaay looks at them in happiness, seeing things returning to normal. Nandini is getting bored so she tried to talk to Manik and Aditya but shivaay stops her.

S : let them talk princess, it's been a long time of them being as friends. U told u right only u can bring them together, u have no idea how much dad and uncle will be happy seeing them getting along after all these years.

N: I don't think I have done anything, but still I am glad.

The servant comes and informs them about the dinner being ready.

-----
Dining area

Shivaay sits at the head of the table, adult to his right and Manik to his left. Nandini sits beside manik.