Chapter 49: Undesired Discovery

(AN: hello! Uh, how to put this. Ummm, lately I've been feeling quite a bit discouraged from writing this story due to exams, work and mainly, I don't know if you're still enjoying the story.

Yes, this might sound cliché or stupid for some, but this has actually begun to worry me.

As such, I wish to ask.

What are you expecting from this story?

I want to know what you are looking forwards so I can bring it. I am currently unsure of where to take the story next, so I'm in great need of these responses.

I'm thankful to those who comprehend my insecurities and leave me some feedback or recommendations ;3;)//

Anyways, here's the chapter!)

"H-hello my honored d-demon Empress"

"..."

I was left speechless as probably the most innocent and flustered words left that strange, familiar angel's mouth...

I had obviously been quite triggered and shocked by the fact Boukyaku had simply disappeared from my hands. But, frankly, I knew inside me, that despite all efforts, the sword would be returning to me in just over an hour if I didn't pay attention to it.

She seemed so similar physically, yet the moment she opened her mouth to utter her sentence, the entire image I currently held of her, and all the anxiety that had been welling up inside immediately faded away as what was before me completely contradicted any and all beliefs I had been keeping up to this point.

Yet, despite all of the evidence going hardly straight against my beliefs, a part of me told me, this was her... This had to be that dirty angel who had gotten me into so much trouble in the past...

As such, despite the hard evidence, I asked sharply while remaining wary of her every move.

"Have we met before?"

I, of course, asked with the utmost seriousness while holding back any hint of emotion that might give away my confusion. And as such, I was expecting a serious answer such as a simple no or a perhaps an evil yes, with this angel being a demon general and all.

But, of course, this world is seriously messed up anywhere you look, because rather than giving me a serious answer, this girl decided to get flustered again while answering like an embarrassed highschool girl in love.

"M-m-met with the D-d-demon empress before?! N-no, I haven't had the h-h-honor"

...

'You have to be kidding me'

Yes, I know I liked Sakura at some point, and she pretty much acted a tiny bit similar, but this?! THIS?! Seriously! This is a demon general?!

Why would a person like Callum not steamroll these demons if a demon general is this clueless!?

Seriously, if this is a demon general, why hasn't the human army steamrolled these demons yet?

I was left in utter confusion as I could only think and wonder what could possibly be the thing keeping the humans from storming this place...

...

'Oh yeah, I guess I'll use [Master Appraisal] now. I don't want to take anymore unwanted surprises after all'

I got myself ready to chant [Master Appraisal] on everyone present and consequently, silently chanted my skill:

"[Master Appraisal]"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Reika Kasai