Chapter 18: My Demons Part 2

(AN: Yep, this is my first two-parter chapter! Yay! This chapter officially ends the first arc, and for that, I've prepared quite the ending.

Quick Reminder, this is Scarlet's P.O.V.

Hope you enjoy!)

'I'm going to die right here...'

I hid my face behind my arms as I blocked what would be a surely lethal strike, but...

...

...

...

She stopped...

...

...

...

Reika was now standing completely still...

Her sword trembling in her hands...

Tears forming in her eyes...

And a hint of hope within her soul...

She still seemed to be oppressed by whatever, was controlling her, yet... it seemed like she was fighting back!

'Reika... she's there! We can still do this!'

Was my immediate thought as I began chanting:

"[UMBRA BEAM]!"

The moment I finished chanting, a burst of demonic magic shot out of my hand, crashing directly at Reika, at point-blank.

*BOOM*

As my [Umbra Beam] hit her, she was knocked back so strongly, she broke through the wall fo the castle...

And since Myria's room was very high in the castle...

Reika was now falling... from the tallest spire in Litherm's royal castle...

*GASP*

Myria and I gasped as I realized what I had done...

'Please let her be alive...'

Was my sole thought as we immediately rushed to the broken wall to be able to see if she was fine... but she obviously couldn't be...

'While Reika is strong... she won't be able to come out unscathed, out of a fall this high... in fact... Reika could die...'

I prayed to ancient gods to allow Reika to be alive, as we peeked from the Reika-shaped hole in the wall...

...

...

...

My prayers were obviously in vain...

Reika was quite literally, running down the spire of the castle...

(AN: This is (somewhat) what Litherm Kingdom looks like, and this might give you an idea of what Reika is managing to pull off in the next sentences

(AN: This is (somewhat) what Litherm Kingdom looks like, and this might give you an idea of what Reika is managing to pull off in the next sentences. Also, remember it's night time. (PS: This is not my image))