Chapter 22: A Depressing Fight

"THAT'S IT! YOU CALL ME A KID YET WE'RE THE SAME AGE!? YOU TALK DOWN TO ME!? AND YOU UNDERESTIMATE ME!? THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!!! FIGHT ME RIGHT NOW YOU OVER-ESTEEMED, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING ADVENTURER! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT TRUE POWER IS!!!!!!"

"..."

Everyone was left speechless by Haruto's tantrum. Immediate silence broke into the atmosphere as I tried to process what this KID had just told me:

"You're telling me... you'll show ME what true power is...?"

I was just baffled at Haruto's stupidity. 'Since he is a summoned hero... he thinks he can beat anyone out there...?' And to add to the overall stupidity of the scene, Haruto's harem began to support his idea:

"Indeed! Show that slut Hero-sama!" -Eri Evenhide

"Hero-sama can beat anyone, even the other heroes single-handedly!" -Eri Evenhide

"Hero-sama, don't humiliate this slut so much!" -Charlotte Evenhide

After having taken insults all throughout my life, these insults didn't mean anything to me. But, the fact that Haruto felt confident enough to challenge someone, he knows nothing about did... 'I guess if I toy with him a little, nothing bad can happen right...?'

"Alright, let's ask Callum and Pietro for the training grounds, ok?"

As expected and more, Haruto maliciously smirked and then nodded. 'This will be interesting' I thought as signaled for Haruto and his harem to follow me.

3rd Person P.O.V.

As Reika left for Callum's office, Myria and Scarlet remained in their places quietly, until Myria spoke:

"10 gold he doesn't survive"

"Deal"

Scarlet didn't think twice before she responded and with a small handshake, they began to make their way towards the office.

Reika's P.O.V.

*Creak*

"Oh Reika, what can I do for you?"

Said Callum a little surprised. Well, I guess even Callum would be surprised if someone stormed into his office accompanied by 6 other people. And gazing over the scene a little, it seemed that my appearance hadn't been greatly pleasurable to Pietro, because he was clearly annoyed. 'In that case, I won't waste your time.'

"Callum, I wish to use the training grounds for a mock battle."

Suddenly both guild masters flinched and stared at me in deep confusion.

"Ummm, Reika who will fight in this mock battle...?"

Callum had said this in a quite worried tone, but there was no turning back now, after all, Haruto already had challenged me.

"Leader of the Everidian party, Haruto Yamamoto and me."

I said without a care in the world. Pietro seemed pretty amused by what I had just said, but Callum... Callum had a mortified expression as if he had just heard the world was ending, and more...

"No, no, no and a thousand times no... Reika... no..."

I, of course, wasn't satisfied by his answer, but I didn't really care if I couldn't fight Haruto. At this point, I just wanted to toy with him, and I'm sure I would have many chances during our quest, so I let it go... But annoyed, Haruto, in his usual loud voice, began another tantrum: