Chapter 17: My Demons

"Games are over..."

The sinister-looking Reika exited her room dismally. She slowly strolled threateningly through the corridors of the castle, seemingly without destination. Her sword's blade scratching the wooden floor as she walked... She had a bleak look on her eyes. But, she suddenly came to halt...

She was at Myria's door...

Reika slowly turned the doorknob and silently entered the room...

Myria Celes' P.O.V.

*Snuggle* *Snuggle*

'hah〜 What a nice day〜 I finally was able to find Reika... She helped me so much that night... I was so scared about what could've possibly happened to me...'

As I was submerged in thoughts of admiration, a sound suddenly echoed in the quiet of the night:

*Creak*

'Huh, My door opening? At this hour?'

I was half-asleep so I sluggishly sat straight on my bed to get a clear view of the door. As I rubbed my eyes, I managed to see Reika. It calmed me for a second, to see Reika here with me... She just stood there wordlessly, but I immediately sent a smug smile at her.

'Ah〜 It's Reika, she was probably unable to sleep... I'll maybe allow her to cuddle with me? Hehe〜'

But as my teasing smile slowly disappeared as Reika remained walking grimly towards me. That's when I noticed she was wielding that sword... That augural sword... 'This is bad...'

"Ummm, Reika, what are you doing here?"

"..."

'No response? This is really bad... She is probably not in control of her body again...' I could clearly see Reika's glowing eyes with a clouded look despite her having her face covered by her flowing hair.

'No... She's not herself again...'

"Reika? Why are you in my room? Are you perhaps lost? Hehe〜"

"..."

As if she had all the time in the world, she kept steadily approaching me... At this point, I was starting to become very nervous as I remembered how ruthless Reika had been last time she wielded that... swo...rd...

'That's exactly it!'

'It could work!'

'She's probably being controlled by the sword... If I can get the sword away from her, she can probably gain control of herself again!'

'Thinking about it logically, last time, she only obtained that clouded look when she wielded that sword...'

"Alright!"

As a solution finally came to my mind, I readied myself for my attempt at liberating Reika, from whatever was holding her hostage within herself...

'I have never fought seriously in my life... But this time, I'LL DO IT FOR REIKA!'

My last bit of hesitation faded as I concreted my resolve to save my friend.

"Reika! I'll free you! I'LL PAY BACK ALL OF YOUR KINDNESS!"

I yelled as I propelled myself forward.

I sent a quick attack directed at her side, which she shouldn't have seen... But, despite my rapid attack, Reika was unfazed by my movements as she blocked my incoming sidekick with her sword with minimal movements.

In contrast to Reika, I was very surprised at her ability to suddenly block my fast attack speed, but honestly, I should've been expecting it, after I saw her capabilities that night...