"Too bad they'll find out that you were kicked off of the team, then," the coach said, sounding like he was daring Alex.

Alex glared at the coach. "You can't just kick me off of the team." He wouldn't have the guts to tell Juliet that he was kicked off of the football team.

"Then play properly," the coach hissed. He ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated, and said, "the match we have against Redwood the day after tomorrow? That's your last chance. If you don't play well, then you're out. Am I understood, Camden?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good." He shook his head. "You better win, or I'll kick your arse."

"I've heard that before," Alex muttered.

***

Alex found himself training with the other boys. He found only one of them bearable. His name was Varian, and he was new. Used to be some kind of model.

Varian loved football, and was more than happy to help Alex. He was a little annoying, but atleast he wasn't like the other boys, trying to show off and behave condescending with him.

In the beginning, Alex was rude to Varian. But Varian didn't mind. He continued being polite to Alex.

Alex couldn't help but think that Juliet deserved someone like him - a proper gentleman who took something seriously.

He got the idea out of his head when he remembered that if Juliet heard his thoughts, she would've beaten him up so bad he would've forgotten his own name. Then he smile at the fact that he even thought Juliet capable of beating him up, realistically speaking. But she radiated whatever it was that she called it – crackhead energy?

Varian suddenly said, "dude. You play well. Why don't you take this seriously? You have talent, man."

Alex shrugged. "I'm not very interested in sports."

"Yeah, I heard. You're more of an intellectual, eh?" Varian shook his head. "Damn, Alex. I'm serious here. You're grasping the moves very easily. You have potential."

Alex said, "thanks."

Varian chuckled. "You're such a ball of sunshine."

And then Alex heard Juliet.

"Alex!"

He turned.

She was grinning, wearing her uniform. Her hair was loose, her bag slung across one shoulder carelessly.

He softened and waved at her. He briefly noticed the other boys on their team glance at her, specifically Tyler.

She walked through the gate and jogged up to him. "Hey there, soldier." She kissed him on the cheek and pulled back. She glanced at Varian. "Have I met you before?"

"You have," Varian nodded. "I'm Varian Trey. We met briefly during the Vogue photoshoot two years ago. We were featured in the same magazine."

"Oh riiiiight," she said, her eyes wide with realisation. "You're the one who held the door open for me."

Varian bowed. "My lady."

Alex rolled his eyes. "Anyone can hold a door open."

Juliet grinned up at him. "Is someone jealous?"

"No."

"Don't worry. I'll let you hold open a door for me," she teased.

He fought a smile and failed. "Don't be silly, Jules."

She laughed, and it filled the air.

"How the hell did you fall for Alex?" Varian asked suddenly.

Alex stiffened, but Juliet said, "why wouldn't I? Have you seen this boy argue for nuclear energy? Very hot."

Alex chuckled and kissed the top of Juliet's head, putting his arms around her waist. "That's enough out of you."

"I hope you know you're lucky," Varian told Alex, shaking his head.

Alex said, "eh."

Juliet glared. "Brute."

He smiled at her.

She said, "dinner in the dining hall today?"

"Sure."

"Okay." She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips. "I need to go listen to a physics lecture now. Play well."

"I will," he said, staring at her go, smiling softly.

Varian informed, his arms folded, "you're completely whipped, my friend."

"So?" Alex challenged.

Varian grinned. "Nevermind. Come on. That match won't win itself."

Alex concentrated that day and scored three goals during practise, much to the surprise of his teammates.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd take this little seriously.

***

- Narrator's POV -

The coach hoped to god that he did good by not kicking Alex Camden off of the team just yet.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A/N :
What is your type of boy/girlfriend?

Ans: I'd want a boy/girl who makes me laugh. Someone intelligent and supportive. Someone understanding and reliable as hell. Also same taste in music is so important. Plus great English so that he/she can sweep me off of my feet with their debating skills :)))))

(I love debates so much)

Alright then.
Bye :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Update: happy to inform u all that i am now bisexual 19 and devastatingly single. Dated a complete loser for a short while and decided dating isn't for me because men are sooo pathetic 😭 im not out here trying to be someones mother sister therapist bestfriend guardian angel sorry not sorry its not my job to keep u happy ur my bf not my plant 🤬 anyway stay single ladies and thems. 😘 life is insanely fulfilling when you make yourself happy and enjoy your own company