Chapter Twenty-Eight: Trap

She wanted more this time and not just his companionship but just wanted one night with the demon. In a way to express her affection towards him and it was the perfect person to share her first time with. There was a pain in the beginning but somehow it mixed with pleasure and made the moment memorable and magical with each touch. That village made her heart uneasy and at that moment, Yuki yearn for the demon to see him just one more time and will give all of herself to him. She was not sure if it was love yet since she had ever experienced such, but her feelings towards him were much stronger than that of the half-breed.

Sesshomaru could not believe the deed he committed with a human. He despises humans and yet he has a little human girl as his companion and fallen for another. He did not plan to take it this far. He is the powerful Dog Demon throughout the feudal era and the Lord of the Western Lands. He did not want to bear a half-breed child such as InuYasha. It was a one-time thing and besides, it was much harder for demons to impregnate humans.

He admire his late father and wanted to become the greatest demon that his father could not be. He wanted to surpass his father and have a demon heir that could surpass him, and keep the cycle going. Pureblood and not a half-blood. However, he was very fond of the human woman. He watch her sleep as he planted a kiss on her forehead. He was not very affectionate but it was the least he could do.

The sun began to rise, and the next day was here already.,

Yuki woke up and the dog demon was gone without a trace. She looked at the kimono next to her and put it on. She found comfort in these clothes and was amused by the dog demon's kindness. She smells his scent on the kimono and could feel his affection. It was time to make her way to InuYasha and the others.

" Yuki-chan, where have you been?" the fox demon pointed out.

" I could not sleep last night and fell asleep elsewhere." She explained and let out a sincere smile.

" That's a relief. I thought Naraku kidnap you again." Miroku added.

"I'm glad that you're okay," Sango said.

" You can have everyone fooled beside me! Sesshomaru scent is all over you. It's obvious what you two did and it's disgusting. " InuYasha snickered." You slept with that demon."

" Is that true, Yuki?" Kagome questions.

That's right! A human and a demon sleeping together is the greatest taboo. Demons are supposed to stay with their race and the same goes for humans. A half-breed is rare and will not be accepted by either side. The look on the other's face was so judgemental and not in a good way. It was very embarrassing and hurtful.

" No-no-no. I took a stroll in the forest and forgot the dangers of the night, and a demon attacked from behind. Sesshomaru appeared and saved my life. My clothes were torn and he led me a kimono that Rin picked out for me." Yuki answered won them over as the whispers and judgemental looks stopped.

Why am I lying for?

" You are not allowed to see him anymore. Do you hear me?" InuYasha grabbed her wrist and demanded. He became enraged with jealously and did not believe a single word that came out of her mouth.

" InuYasha stop this! I can make my own decision on whether I want to see Sesshomaru or not. Rather I like him or not" Yuki yelled.

" What about me?" InuYasha asked.

Kagome looks up to hear Yuki's answer. There was an awkward silence and InuYasha removed his hand from her wrist.

" B-boy! What are you talking about? Everyone knows that you and Kagome have feelings for each other." Yuki laughed it off and picked up a stick," I think it's time for me to start protecting myself, I can't always depend on people."

" You can have this." Sango handed her a medium sword with a curved blade." I can help you practice as well."

InuYasha could not deny his feelings for Kagome and he would not dare to argue with her. He did not want her to slip away from his grasp. He is convinced that Yuki buried the feelings that she once had to spare heartbreak for Kagome. He watches the two human women train from a distance on a field.

'I want to become strong enough to become equal to the dog demon. I can't stand around and be other people's baggage. I have to protect myself and become strong enough to protect those I care about.' Yuki fell on the ground then picked herself up and charged forward as her and Sango's weapons clash. She thought about Rin and must return back to her one day. The fact that she and the dog demon will never be accepted scares her then she realized the reason she woke up alone and he was no longer there. She was letting out her emotions and blowing some steam with this training. She missed the dog demon so much but was not allowed to due to his status.

" You did well. Let's take a break and start again tomorrow." Sango complimented.

Sesshomaru could not stay away from the human and wanted to make sure that she was safe. He watch her from a distance in which he could not be detected. He had the desire to protect her and became more invested. He has to live up to his reputation and soon some unpleasant news will spread but he will handle all affairs once Naraku is defeated. He found the human very interesting and was curious about what caused this decision. He was attentive to her skills and admire such beauty then turned his back and walked into the woods.

Is someone watching me? She could feel someone's eyes piercing from behind her as she turned around and saw a shadow enter the forest." Sesshomaru, is that you?" She wanted to run, yell and cry. Her heart screamed in pain and it almost became unbearable.

" I sense the sacred jewel." Kagome blurted and jumped on the half-breed back." It's straight ahead."

" I definitely catch Naraku scent, too." InuYasha took off with the wind.

" Yuki, aren't you going hop on Kirara?(kilala)" Shippo asks.

" No. I will run." Yuki answered

" Okay then." Sango added.

She was not the fastest and was completely behind Miroku. She could see his small ponytail and then he vanished. She tried to pick up her speed but was shortly out of breath. The branches and rocks on the ground bruise her feet and made it hard to continue. She convinced herself that this was all a part of training and that it'll get easier with time. She saw the others gather in a circle.

" Are you okay, Yuki? Are you hurt?" InuYasha asks.

" Y-yeah, yeah. I'm fine, I'm just a little worn out." She answered with her hand on her knees and trying to catch her breath. I knew I should've done sports in school....

" What's going on?"

" It seems like it is some sort of barrier that's preventing us from entering," Miroku explained as they showed their failed attempts in front of Yuki.

" That is weird. Is it to lure us here but what will he gain?" Yuki said and tried to lean her arm on Kirara but missed and fell right through the barrier.

" Guys! Hello!" She hit the barrier and it sent shock on the palm on her hand." I will find a way to let you guys through." She said and sounded very promising.

" Can you hear anything on the other side?" InuYasha said.

" No. Do you think she talking on the other side of the barrier?" Miroku said.

" No. I wonder if she is okay." Kagome question.

InuYasha pulled out his sword and strike the barrier more than a dozen times. He thought about the worse possible result. He remember what happened to Kikyo and did not want the same to happen to Yuki. He could not even think straight and was scared to death. He couldn't even protect the person he care about.