Chapter Four: A New World

" Oh no...I'm late." Yuki jumped out of bed and put on her uniform. She could not believe that she slept past her alarm clock. She made it right on time and was out of breath.

" Kagome, your back." Yuki ran and gave her a hug.

" It been a while, hasn't it?" Kagome patted her head.

" We all missed you, Kagome" Ayami smile.

They chatted and exchanged numbers. Just in case someone missed a day of class and can send them the notes. After, a few weeks Kagome started missing school yet again.

Yuki wanted to send a message but she hesitated and decided not to. She did not have enough courage. I wish I can be like other students but I can't. I wish I was born a different person. I don't really like my personality She sat down on the porch to clear her mind as the wind blew her hair to the side. She adventures through the temple and opens the shed door. It was dark but she could feel someone calling her name.

" Yuki-chan, dinner ready" her mother yelled.

" Coming!" Yuki closed the shed and ran back inside of the house.

As many months came by, Yuki adjusted to the fact of Kagome being in and out of school due to her health complications. It's life and sometimes bad things happen to good people.

" Good morning, Mom. Good morning, Dad." Yuki put on her shoes and threw her backpack over her shoulder.

" You seem happy these days." her mother mentioned.

" I do?" Yuki questioned but then thought about it." I guess you're right mom." He smiles and her life begins to gain some color.

" Have a nice day and make sure you come home early, alright?" her mother said.

As always, Yuki hung out with Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka. She was happy that she had friends and she loved it here. Kagome came back and seem better.

" Do you want to want to come out to eat with us?" They asked.

" Sure. I have a couple of b-bucks to spare."

They had a good time and Yuki was finally a normal student with a social life. She lost track of time and came home late.

" I told you to come home early!" her mother yelled."

" I'm s-sorry. I had g-gone out w-with some f-friends." Yuki answered.

"Then stay out since you don't want to listen to your me." her mother shoved daughter and pushed her outside as she locked the door.

Yuki jumped at the door slammed in her face. It gets like this sometimes since her mother got pregnant. The moon swings are terrible but Yuki tries to understand her mother. She took a walk around the block as it began to pour. She try to seek shelter but suddenly felt something overhead, a yellow and white umbrella as someone was holding it.

" Yuki, is that you?" Kagome asks.

" W-where Y-yuka and t-the others." Yuki shuddered.

" They just left but are you okay?" Kagome responded.

Yuki explained the small argument between her and her mother. Kagome invites Yuki over until everything blows over.

" This is my friend Yuki." Kagome introduced and told them that she got kicked out.

" You can stay as long as you want, Yuki-chan." Kagome's mother said.

Sota sat on the couch and played video games. Kagome's grandfather started talking about the Shikon no Tama. It blew over Yuki's head because she had no clue what this old man was talking about.

" Stop splaying on nonsense to her, Gramps."Kagome gave her friend a pair of pajamas and a dry towel.

Yuki went up to take shower and changed into some dry clothes. " Kagome!" She called and walked down the stairs.

A strange person came running into the room. He had usual long silver-white hair and golden yellow eyes. His ears look as if they are real." I swear, I didn't mean to do it, Kagome." The male figure pleaded for his life with a broken handle in his hand then out of nowhere his face planted into the ground. It gave her quite the scare

" Don't worry. That's just InuYasha." Sota reassured." He's part of the family."

"O-Oh"

" What did you do that for, Kagome!," InuYasha shouted and stood on his two feet to realize it was not who he thought it is. The scent was different but familiar. He was up in Yuki's face sniffing on her skin and clothes.

This was way out of Yuki's comfort zone and was embarrassed. He's acting like a dog She was so flustered." M-my n-name i-is Y-Yuki." She blurted and almost died from being overwhelmed.

Kagome came back after calming down then she notice that InuYasha and Yuki made direct contact. Oh no She thought and try to get his attention." InuYasha stop, would ya." She said in a nice tone.

InuYasha turned his head quickly and notice Kagome trying to be nice. He knew that wasn't a good sign.

" Yuki, this is my friend InuYasha. He rude and stuck up, and has this weird obsession with cosplay." Kagome panics and tries to make up any story that came up at the top of her head." That why looks like this. It's all fake."

" Who are you calling rude and stuck up." He argued.

"Right?," She asks and winked her eye so he can follow along." InuYasha, would you please go to the other room.

" What the hell are you talking about?" InuYasha said with concern" Did you fall on your head or something, Kagome?"

But those ears look so real! I wonder how it feels to touch them Yuki thought to herself and bought the lie.

"Dinner ready!" Kagome mother said.

Everyone dug in their food. A smile slowly develops on her face. For a moment, she forgot about her problems. She dozed off at the table and heard distance arguing from outside. She notice that Kagome was gone and went looking for her.

" Come on, Kagome." InuYasha complained." I'm tired of waiting."

Yuki heard her friend's voice outside and followed it. I should probably go home but let me check if Kagome is okay first She caught a glimpse of Kagome running inside an abandoned shed.

" Kagome?" Yuki asks and saw that she was gone. It was dusty and full of spider webs. In the center was an old wooden well. It was completely dark and hard for her to see. Where did she go? She thought to herself as she studs her toes at the wall of the well. She tripped over a yellow bag and her body fell into pure darkness. It felt like there was no end. Her heartfelt like it dropped down to her stomach and it was beating fast until she finally fell on her right shoulder.

Ouch! What just happened? Was it a dream? She opened her eyes and notice that she was at the bottom of the well. There was no way out besides to use the vines to climb so she made it to the top. She found herself in a world that was so unfamiliar and was surrounded by a forest. What is this place? What happens to Kagome's house?" She looks and has just seen vast land