Chapter Eight: A Crush?

Ouch! My feet hurt." Yuki complained and could not keep up with the others. They had been walking for a couple of hours but she reached her limit. She was not fit and her legs were hurting.

" We're almost there! You can wait a little longer." InuYasha complained.

" Don't be rude, InuYasha," Kagome said.

" It is a village nearby, though" Sango mentioned.

" I'm sorry but I really can't keep up with you guys." Yuki apologized. She felt bad that she was holding the group back and felt like baggage.

" Why don't you just get on my back then?" InuYasha suggested.

" Are you sure it's okay?" Yuki asked.

" Go ahead," Kagome responded.

Yuki got on InuYasha's back as he carried her. It was the first that a guy ever carried her and it made Yuki's heart skip a beat. The breeze was nice and she decided to take a short nap until they arrived at the village.

'She's lighter than I thought' InuYasha thought to himself and could feel the warmth on her body.

" How much closer is this village that you mention, Sango?" Miroku questioned.

" I thought it was closer but it shouldn't be too face." Sango answered and try to calculate the distance." A few more hours." She said.

" Let's just rest here and start back in the morning." Shippo yawned.

" It sounds good to me." Kagome looked at the others," What do you guys think?"

" Sure," Miroku responded.

Sango wanted to get to the village quickly but the odds were somewhat against her and she must wait until the morning." I don't mind." She said and took a deep breath.

InuYasha wanted to complain about how slow humans are but he just kept quiet. There's no point He carefully laid Yuki on the ground then threw his Red Cloth of the Fire Rat over her shivering body. He looked at her a little longer and wanted to move her hair out of her face but he hesitated.

Shippo and Kirara went and brought back some firewood. Kagome and Sango were setting everything up. InuYasha leaned against the tree with his eyes closed. Miroku started to spark the fire for the campsite.

" Is it me or do InuYasha seem a little different?" the fox demon asked.

" Not really," Kagome responded.

" Let's just get some sleep guys."

Yuki opened her eyes to see the others were fast asleep except for InuYasha and Miroku Do he ever sleep? She notice that she was covered in his shirt and felt comfort. It was so warm and comfortable. She turned her head to Kagome who was fast asleep then look back at InuYasha.

' Shippo did say that Kagome is the reincarnation of his first love, so they are destined to be together but--' Yuki did not understand why her heart began to ache suddenly but it was durable. It's impossible to be with someone like him---w-wait? What am I thinking.." She shook her head to erase such thoughts.

InuYasha turned his head to see that Yuki was awake and was amused by her actions. He looked up at the sky when he realized that she was asleep.