Chapter Twenty Four: Half-Hearted Confessions

I do not own InuYasha. Rights and ownership belongs to Rumiko Takashi. I'm only claiming my characters and the plot of the story. Yuki doesn't have very much incite on the situation that's going on so it's easy to be manipulated. She's stuck right in the middle of a very dangerous battle. She don't even know half of the story. Only that InuYasha and Kagome are destine to be together. Also, that Naraku is suppose to be a very bad person. There will be more incite about Yuki and her past self. Sorry for the late update, I been very busy.

******************************************************************

" InuYasha, let me down now!." Kagome was very upset.

" What is it, Kagome? You sense the jewel shard" InuYasha suggested and came to a complete stop eagerly. She climbed down from his back as she stood firm on her two feet.

" It should be straight ahead." She instructed but then her expression was something different." B-But."

"Hey, are you okay?" Inuyasha was a little concerned and thought about taking off in the given direction.

" InuYasha, you like her, don't you? That is why you avoided the question " Kagome assumed.

" Your friend is in trouble and within Naraku grasp. Saving her is important and should be our top priority, not this stupid conversation." InuYasha argued.

" Do you mean your top priority? I already hover jealous and bitter feelings towards Kikyo, I even wish that she disappeared from our lives because I know that I can never replace her.I never wanted to hold any hatred for the two of them but you just making it impossible for me. You make it so hard." She confessed the wrapped her arms around him into a tight embrace." I'm asking for this one favor InuYasha, let's leave her with Naraku."

"There's are some things you just don't know about," InuYasha said and the tone of his voice changed. It became soft and sounded painful.

" Kagome, you are not yourself...Get some help" He said as he place his hands on her shoulders and move her backward a couple of steps. He turned around and started running but didn't even get six feet away from her.

" InuYasha.....Sit!SIT.. SIT...SIT....SIT....SIT.." Kagome commanded.

InuYasha's face immediately planted onto the ground as he whined." This not fair."

Kagome didn't want to take advantage of the situation but she felt like she had no other choice.

***********************************************************************

Yuki paused her footsteps in front of the castle and hesitated to enter, being two feet away from the front of the door. She looked down at her flats on her feet What am I doing? I just needed an excuse to get away from InuYasha and Kagome.. That was awkward She suddenly sense a shadow hovering over her as she lifted up her head.

" It's a pleasure to properly meet you, Yuki." His voice sounded normal, he looked normal. He had bloodshot red eyes and long wavy hair that flowed down his back. He was wearing a stolen priest outfit yet again.

" You're that monk! I met in Kadea Village, you were a half-demon and lost the one you love." Yuki remembered and felt relieved. He didn't seem half-bad to manipulate or harm those like the others made it seem. He's half-demon like InuYasha so that means all half-demons are the same. She felt a bit at ease and somewhat safe." Why did you lie about my parents being here?"

" I wanted to meet you but I could not approach you on my own." He said and tried to touch her but was repelled.

" What was that?" Yuki asked puzzled not able to get a full grasp of the situation.

"There are things about yourself even you don't know." He stated.

" What do you mean?" Yuki said.

" Aren't you curious of what the others are hiding from you?" Naraku questioned.

" It can't be that bad." Yuki convinced herself.

" Your future would become distant if you encounter a certain person in particular. Yuki, your life will become in danger. Your life will perish without a doubt." Naraku said and spoke nothing besides of the truth." You have special abilities beyond your control. They want to use you, hide you from your full potential but I want you to embrace it"

" Who is the person? You said 'if' so if I don't encounter I can prevent it, right?" Yuki asked desperately.

" You know, who ." He said was struck from behind as the puppet of himself disintegrated.

Yuki took a second to think about it and the hints. She turned around surprised to see the person standing in front of her.

" You have become reckless." Sesshomaru said.

"That person is..... ?" Yuki's eyes widen at the wind began to pick up and the two made direct eye contact.

InuYasha and the others appeared to the scene a little too late.

Sesshomaru.... Yuki's heart started to ache but for the very same reason that she didn't want it to be that dog demon, anyone but him.. She could hear the sound of her heartbeat ba-bum ba-bum pounding hard against her chest. Seeing Sesshomaru turn his back and walk into the woods mysteriously under the full moon. He actually never shined so brightly until tonight. She wanted to stop him just for a second but couldn't bring herself to do so.

InuYasha watched the two from a distance.

Kagome turned her head and looked at the half-breed," InuYasha."

**********************************************************************************

"Let's not mention anything until she is ready to tell us." Kagome suggested." And forget what happened tonight between us InuYasha."