Chapter Thirty: Deeper

They talked.

Kiyomi was a very powerful priestess and followed in her older sister's footsteps. She was inherited with an enormous amount of spiritual powers that were so divine that people called her a Goddess so the village worshiped her as a half-human and half goddess. She was born a human but her spiritual powers were like no other and it could not compare to another. She move to a distant village and had a human husband but had a strange encounter with a demon. He protected her from the demon wolves and she was forever indebted to the demon. He manipulated and took advantage of her kindness. He broke her and used her body for his own pleasure. He would use that, he saved her life, as an excuse each time. She became pregnant and did not know whether her child was human or half-demon. She visits her older sister on a couple of occasions and sees that half-demon that watched over Kikyo. They had a couple of short encounters. A witch was in love with the demon and saw that he slept with a human priestess. She put a curse on her that she mustn't fall in love with a demon but she was not aware. She spotted a demon in the woods with silver-white hair and golden eyes. She did not want to like demons but she felt so attracted towards them. Everything about him was alluring as she ran to him. He was gone in an instant. She admired him in her dreams and soon she yearn to see him once more. She drew her last breath as she gave birth to a healthy baby girl and named her Rin. At first sight, she fell in love and could imagine her, and the demon living happily with her child.

" You can become a slave to me and we can find the witch then get your curse lifted."

"I need time to think, " Yuki thought this deal was too good to be true but if it was what could be done. It's either her life being short-lived from falling in love or she could avoid Sesshomaru at all costs.

" Fool! Do you not wish to be with the man you love?" Naraku asks.

" It's not that I'm just worried about Kagome and the others."

"You bother to worry about a comrade during a time like this? Your unfailing stupidity never ceases to amaze me." Naraku said and chuckled before speaking again."Kagome despises you and wishes for you to disappear," Naraku said.

" I do not believe you! Kagome is my savor, she protected me when nobody would."

" She has fallen for InuYasha and she has some darkness inside of her because of you. InuYasha cares for you deeply and she grew to even hate you."

Yuki had her feet out as Kagome attended to her wounds and wrapped bandages on them. She needed help to walk because the branches and rocks that she step on had caused an infection. She has until the new moon to give Naraku his answer.

" What happened? Did he do anything to you?" InuYasha questions and could not sit still. He was so grateful that there were not any serious injuries as he sigh in relief.

" I think he's just trying to pin us again each other," Yuki answered.

" Why do you say that?" Miroku said.

" Naraku said that Kagome despises me and lures me into the trap. She's in love with InuYasha and wanted me out of the picture, isn't that absurd?" Yuki said and act as if was a joke. She wanted to hear that he was wrong or maybe there was some type of misunderstanding.

Kagome stay silent and looked away as her bangs covered her eyes. She stood up and finish tending her to the wounds.

" Say something!" Yuki yelled in complete denial and did not want it to be true. To let her fall into the enemy's arms because of a guy." Say something Kagome!"

" What do you want me to say?!" Kagome shouted and turned around upset as she and InuYasha made direct eye contact. He wanted to say something to her but the word just would not come out of his mouth. She could not stand the look in his eyes, "Sit boy" She raised her voice as his face planted onto the ground. She storm off into the woods and could not face her friends right now.

InuYasha had to carry Yuki on his back because she could not walk for a while as they went to the campsite. Sango and the others went to look for Kagome as they follow her. He places her down by the firepit.

"InuYasha, go and find Kagome." Yuki said." I'm worried about her."

InuYasha sat down and could not stop shaking his leg.

" It's okay, I know that you are worried about her, too." She said and his ears pointed up.

InuYasha places his hand on her shoulders and kisses her on the lips." Don't you dare go see Sesshomaru!."

It took her by surprise but she did not dislike it. She had feelings for InuYasha and thought she could settle for less even if it meant to prevent her from looking at the death door. She did want to have a short life and there was still a lot for her to do.

I don't dislike InuYasha and His feelings seem genuine enough

" What am I going to do? Crawl to see him." She laugh and sat there with a smile to give him some reassurance." I will be right here, don't worry."

" I will be right back," He said and took off into the woods.

Yuki was alone and had time to think about the offer that Naraku. She had until the new moon to accept the deal or not. She heard the sound of leaves rufflings against each other and distant footsteps. She looked up and saw the dog demon in front of her. He looked at her with disgust and betrayal. She did not think that she would have to face the demon anytime soon. She knew that she was wrong but

" You belong to me!" Sesshomaru said," Nobody can have you, not even that half-demon, InuYasha."

Her heart fluttered by those words.

After a few hours, the others came back to the campsite.

Yuki had time to cover his scent and to adjust her clothes. She knew that she had more than enough time to think about Naraku's offer but it'll be nice to hear the opinions of the other. She washes her face to cool herself down and realized that her feelings are becoming deeper.

" I'm sorry," Kagome said.

" I forgive you."