Chapter Thirty-One:The Bad Luck Child In The Village

Yuki needed a second opinion and was indecisive about what choice to make. She told the others about the offer that Naraku that she could not resist. Her options were limited;

" Does that mean Yuki had spiritual powers too?" Shippo questioned.

" It is possible," Sango answered." Like Kagome and Kikyo"

" It's so obvious it's a trap." InuYasha said." We don't even know if he's telling the truth

" I don't think he has any reason to lie. He was right about Kagome's betrayal" Yuki mentioned.

" He must've wanted to awake your spiritual abilities but why?" He asks.

" There's no reason for you to side with the enemy," InuYasha said.

" Unless...Are you in love with a demon?" Kagome said what everyone else was thinking.

" I don't know if it's love but if it is, my life will be short-lived."

They travel to yet another village. A small child was being beaten by adults for stealing bread from the food stands. She could not defend herself and the situation was so hopeless. She wore dirty clothes with black hair and brown eyes.

" Pick on someone your size," Yuki said and ran to the small child's aid and protected the child.

" Are you willing to pay for the food that she just stole?" the man said.

" I can think of some ways she can pay." the other village man said with a sinister smile then looked at Yuki up and down before placing his hand on her shoulder. A shiver went down Yuki's spine.

" Hey!" InuYasha approached the two men.

" It's a demon!" the two village men shouted and flee from the scene.

" It's okay we're here to save you," Sango reassured.

" We may not look like it but we're the good guys," Miroku said with a sweat drop on the side of his head.

" Why don't you tell us your name and what happens here just now?" Kagame kneel down to the small child size and let out a nice smile.

" I am Akira and my parents are the great warriors of the village. Life was peaceful and the village worship them." the small child said and tears began to form in her eyes." They left to war and I beg them to stay but they promised me that they will be back but they never came back."

Yuki comforted the child as Akira cried into her chest. The others asked around to see if they can find more information about Akira's parents. She lived in a small hut that was poorly crafted and she had nobody in the village. Yuki stays there with her and plays hide in seek to spark up a smile on her face. They found an elder priestess that had information and that could answer the newcomer's questions.

" Oh, Akira... She was such a bright spirit until her parents died. She is often alone and causes trouble. The children treat her like an outcast since she has no parents." the elder priestess said with short black hair and brown eyes.

" That's so cruel," Kagome commented.

" There was a time when she was happy and sometimes she hopes that her parents will come back but I think deep inside she knows the truth." the elder said.

" Akira said that her parents were the great warriors of the village," Miroku mentioned.

" They were worshipped and that when times were peaceful until they were sent to war." She said then took a deep breath."Crops were dying, people were getting sick, demons devouring the villagers and they blame Akira for being bad luck. So, they moved her out of the temple and it been a year since then."

" How could that do that to a child?" Sango questioned.

There were villagers away run past InuYasha and the others. They asked questions but the villagers were so much in a panic that they grab their children and left.

" You better tell me what the hell is going on!" InuYasha grabs the young boy by the shirt and raises him in the air.

" That's one way of handling things," Miroku said.

" Be careful InuYasha, he's just a child," Kagome said.

" The villagers tied up Akira and the woman that was hanging around her. Since Akira bad luck that makes the lady bad luck too." He said and tried his best to break free but then blurted." To be eaten by the demons."

InuYasha dropped the boy then he and the others took off but they were all the way on the other side of the village. Akira and Yuki were tied up to the tree as the demon was terrorizing the village.

" Miss, I am sorry for getting you into this mess." Akira apologized.

" It's okay, my friends will come and save us" Yuki reassured and try to calm down the little girl. The demon is getting closer She thought

" I miss my mommy and daddy so much. The people in the village are so mean to me. The other children said if I let the demon eat me then I can be with them again. I want to be with them so bad, Miss Yuki. It's hard to keep going so please let me be with Mommy and Daddy" Akira's eyes water and tears slid down both of her cheeks.

" Don't give up, Akira. That's not how your parents raised you and besides your parents aren't gone they live forever in your heart. They are always looking over you. Don't let others define your fate" Yuki used the blade of her sword and cut through the ropes." If I'm not giving up then you're not allowed to." She stood up and pulled her sword out completely as she faced the demon. She let out a sincere smile before slicing the demon into pieces as the body vanished.

The others came late but it looks like Yuki handle the situation on her own. In the aftermath, Miroku put up a barrier to wear demons away. The villagers apologized to Akira and asked for forgiveness. Of course, she forgives them. She just wanted to be noticed and loved. They even moved her out of that small hut and into something nicer. They celebrated, Yuki and the others were offered to spend time at night. The next day, it was time for them to leave. Akira wanted Yuki but knew that she couldn't.

" Thank you, and I won't ever give up again!" Akira yelled and had such a pretty smile." Until we meet again." She waved.

There were two human figures that walked past the group. One was a pretty female with battle armor and the other was a masculine male but his armor was damaged.

" Mommy, Daddy." Akira could not believe her eyes as she ran into her parent's arms." Welcome back" She smile and was happy.

" We're glad to be back," They said and held their little girl tight.

They were alive the whole time