Chapter 5 - When Your Worlds Crashing Down

Start from the beginning

          "Hi there Harry, I'm Patricia, I'm Zayn's mother."

         Harry squinted his eyes, his brow knitting together. "No you're not, Jay is our mummy." He shook his head.

          "No Harry, Mum she...she adopted us, like she took us in and we only call her mummy. This is the woman who gave birth to me. Like your...mum did to you."

         Harry shivered at the thought of his mother. He didn't want to talk about her so he tore from his husbands grip and retreated back inside.

          "Was that your husband?" Patricia asked. Zayn only nodded, crossing his arms. "His name is Harry. When my dad re-married, she had a son a year younger than me with Autism and dad well, he took his anger out on Harry. He raped him, every day, till he was sixteen. That's the man you left me with, that's the man who shoved razors inside my beautiful husband,"

          Patricia now had tears streaming down her face, a soft sob leaving her lips. "I-I'm so sorry Zayn, I am...Please, will you ever forgive me?"

          Zayn thought it over...How could she have known what he would turn into? What if he did give her a chance? If only to regain lost family.

          "I can try, but you should go for now...We can talk over dinner tomorrow? I can bring Harry and our son, as long as you're willing to help. I can't bring them both out at the same time, they're quite hard to keep track of." He chuckled for once, rubbing the back of his neck.

          "Your son has Autism too?"

          Zayn nodded. He was surprised she caught on so quickly. "Well, of course I'll help! Anything to gain your trust back. I can have my daughters come-Oh! I didn't tell you, you have sisters, thought you should know that. You can meet your...uncle as well." She blushed.

          Maybe she wasn't such a cold hearted bitch after all. "Listen, I'm sorry about the names I called you. I'll see you tomorrow for dinner?"

          The woman nodded, exchanging numbers with her long lost son before retreating off the property, back to her white escalade.

          "Hazz!" Zayn cheered, skipping back into the house where Harry sat on the couch, his head in his hands. "We're going out to dinner tomorrow with Patricia and her daughters. Doesn't that sound like fun?"

         Harry shrugged his shoulders, not even looking at Zayn, who noticed this immediately, sitting down on the couch beside his husband. "Charming? What's wrong?"

         Harry took a deep breath, glancing over at Zayn, the person who he had loved for so long. His face was still just as beautiful, only aged with the slightest of wrinkles at the corner of his eyes, his body a bit wider, more muscular and covered in a variety of tattoos, along with a small amount of stubble which he always wore, not that he could shave it anyways with Charlie always giggling and poking him.

         Harry himself had his own amount of stubble, the tip of his chin and sides of his jaw more defined with a mature amount of hair sticking out, some longer than others, some thick, some thin. Harry's facial hair never did grow right.

          "Does this mean mummy isn't our family anymore? And the girls? And Louis?"

          Zayn sighed deeply, leaning his head against his husbands shoulder. "No charming, they're still our family. They always will be, but now we have more family! There's nothing wrong with that, right?"

          When Harry thought about it...It didn't sound too bad. He loved his family already, why couldn't he love some more? They were already adding a new addition to the family.

          Felicity and her husband were expecting, while Lottie and her now fiancé were trying for their own.

          As for the twins, they were still off and on with the dating scene. They were party girls, always getting into some sort of trouble. It was just about time on of them come back from a party pregnant. Not that their mother had any control over the 21 year olds, but they were still her little babies. It was hard to believe everyone had grown up so fast.

          "Charming, why don't we start on dinner? Charlie will be up soon I'm sure of it. We can made Sundaes after?"

Harry loved sundaes, they were a new favorite. Not that he didn't like ice cream before, but never had he had something so wonderful and tasteful. God, were they amazing.

         Harry nodded his head, following after Zayn to the Kitchen in which they had made so many meals in over the past thirteen years.

~*~

          When Charlie finally woke, he stumbled down the stairs, his head still hurting from earlier's incident, a small grumble erupting in his tummy. "Dadda I'm hungry." He groaned as he walked into kitchen were Daddy stirred the pot, Dadda's hand over his working along with the brown.

          "Dinners almost done Charlie, why don't you get in your seat hun." The little boy nodded, skipping to his spot and sitting down on the cloth chair, covered in various stained. Zayn swore Charlie had a hole in his chin because he got more on the seat then in his mouth.

          Just then, the phone rang, Zayn grumbling and taking his hands away from Harry's, licking his fingers and wondering over to the phone. "Hello?" He answered, still cleaning off his hands.

          "Is Charlie there?" A tiny voice said, making Zayn bit his lip, trying to catch his uneven breath before he left the kitchen, walking just around the corner were his son couldn't hear.

          "Richard, I don't think this is a good time. Well, I don't think it ever will be a good time. You're old enough to understand now that I'm doing what's best for Charlie. I want him to forget about you, as horrible as it sounds. He doesn't need the pain of you being so far away. I want him to get over this as soon as he can and I suggest you do the same kiddo. I don't think you and Charlie will be seeing each other ever again..."

_______