Chapter 4 - I'll Find The Words To Say Before You Leave Me Today

Start from the beginning

            "Why?" Charlie asked, falling into Richard's body, "Why are you leaving?"

            Richard shrugged, "My dad's say that it is for the best,"

            "But why?" Charlie screamed, snot leaking from his nose as he yelled and protested angrily.

            "I...I don't know," Richard mumbled.

            The two boys remained in the bushes for the rest of the good-bye party. Charlie didn't understand why they were having a party in the first place. His best friend was leaving, and they were having a party? Richard kept his arm wrapped around the smaller autistic boy, keeping him warm and safe, until voices called for them.

            "You come back and visit?" Charlie asked, wiping his face with his small pale hands. Richard nodded.

            "Course, Charlie,"

~

            "Harry, get Charlie, please,"

           Harry chased after their son, who was now big and strong enough to outrun his daddies if he really wanted to.

            "Baby," Harry giggled, grabbing his son and pulling him in for a hug.

            "I don't wanna go to school without Richard," Charlie pouted.

            "It's okay," Harry smiled, kissing his son on the nose. Zayn watched from the end of the hall where he packed Charlie's lunch, smiling at the scene, hoping that this morning they could actually get Charlie to school the morning.

            To Zayn's relief, he dropped his son off at school and headed into work-but Charlie and Harry never left his mind.

            Charlie walked into the classroom alone. He hated school now, without Richard. It was boring, and scary. Lots of kids were mean to him. Really mean.

            "Charlie, please come up to the board and answer the problem," The teacher smiled at the young autistic boy. She knew that Charlie was smart, and knew what he was doing. The blonde boy nodded and stood up, wiping his large eyes and wobbling towards the board. But before he could arrive, a boy stuck his foot out, tripping him and making him fall to the ground with a sickening crack. The class began to laugh-that is, until they noticed Charlie's shaking. It was just like Harry. He was having a seizure.

            Zayn left work early again when he got the call, picking up Harry and speeding over to the school. This was all too normal for the tan lad and he wanted to scream. If only Richard was still here, if only Louis and Niall hadn't just picked up and...left them.

            "What happened?" Zayn whispered, picking up his son and holding him close-even though Charlie was growing, he was still small.

            "He had a seizure," The teacher said sadly, "He seems to be okay, though,"

            "What triggered it?" Zayn snapped, setting his son down and letting Harry hug him.

            "Uh..."

            "Tell me," Zayn insisted.

            "Another student tripped him," The teacher said.

            "And was the kid given punishment?"

            "...No, we couldn't, because there was a group of students, and we aren't sure who did it," The teachers blushed, obviously feeling guilty about the whole situation, even though it wasn't her fault.

            "Then suspend all of them!" Zayn yelled, "I'm tired of this happening. Ever since Richard left, no one watches over him,"

            "Then perhaps he should be moved back into the retard class," A kid chided form the corner.

            Zayn was fuming, so ready to just kill one of these dweebs. So he grabbed Harry and Charlie and ushered them from the room before he could do anything stupid.

            "Maybe we should visit with Louis and Niall," Zayn said, "Maybe they need to see how much we need them here,"

            "No," Harry shook his head, grabbing his husbands arm and leaning in, kissing him on the cheeks. "You say that we can't,"

            Zayn bit his lip. He knew that they couldn't go and ask Louis and Niall to return. But he wish he could. He wish more than anything that they would come back and fix things. But if Louis and Niall were going to move back home, it was going to a few years in the future, when Richard needed another 'change of scenery'.

            They returned home, immediately putting Charlie down for a nap, leaving Harry and Zayn to fall into each other's arms.

            "Are you okay, Zaynie?" Harry asked, nipping gently at Zayn's neck. Zayn moaned and nodded, threading his hands into Harry's hair.

            "I just wish that Louis and Niall were still here, and Richard was still looking over Charlie," Zayn sighed. Harry nodded, his eyes wide in understanding, and he leaned forward, pressing his lips to Zayn's hungrily.

            They had only kissed for a moment or two when the door rang.

            Zayn had a strange feeling in his gut as he stood, and walking towards the door.

____________________________________________________________