"Because you're older!" I proclaimed.

"I You're really a bran whiz, you'd be able to skip grades," he winked, pulling his phone out again, blocking my comment.

***

"Welcome," I greeted as the first guest came in.

I didn't recognize them, but they must one of my mothers friends. Caden had a few pals from high school, but I want able to point out who's who. Besides the pony, I took the presents and placed them on the "present table".

I don't understand why people bring gifts to going away parties. Is it a dorm warning gift or a gift saying, "thank goodness you're leaving". Either way, whatever Caden doesn't want usually gets given to me.

"Hey kiddo," Aunt Anna smiled and handed me a gift.

Baffled to see her, I almost missed the fact that a young, maybe three year old, girl was in her arms. Must be the same girl as the one on her profile page, but who is she? Aunt Anna never mentioned a kid.

"Who's this princess?" I asked, waving at the young girl.

"This is Daffodil, my daughter," she answered, brushing the girls blond clocks, that she clearly got from her, away from her face.

"As in flower?"

"Yeah, she smiled almost as bright as the flowers colours," she replied, poking her cheeks.

"She's beautiful," I complimented.

"Thank you," she smiled and walked further inside.

Good luck is what I wanted to add when she took a step inside the house.

"Welcome!" I greeted again as a few more unfamiliar people stepped inside.

"Long time no see," Mike smiled, engulfing me in the tightest hug I've ever experienced.

"Who are you again?" I asked, squinting my eyes and pointing a finger at him.

"I'm still trying to figure that out myself and when I decide, I'll make sure to share the answer with you," he winked, letting me go. "Shouldn't Caden be greeting everyone, not his sister?" He wondered, stepping aside to let people come in.

"You go right ahead and tell that to my mother, I'll make sure to send you a card once you'll be in hospital," I laughed.

"Speaking of hospitals, Jaz sends her wishes. She said that she's heartbroken that she couldn't say goodbye to Caden," he explained, unzipping his jumper.

"I'll make sure to face time her and she can talk to him then," I suggested. "No off you go and enjoy the party," I pushed him towards the crowd.

"You're right, I need to find the college bit," he said. "Make way people, make way," he screamed as he walked passed people.

"Michael!" My mother yelled.

"Sorry Mrs Rodriguez," he apologized, making me laugh.

"I warned him," I whispered under my breath.

***

"Hey girl," Luce approached. "How long have you been standing here for?" She asked, side hugging me.

"When did the party start?" I asked.

"Six."

"Since six," I chuckled.

"I think you can leave the door alone now, it's already seven," she demanded.

"I'll do tat when my mother ain't around," I smiled.

"Suit yourself," she shrugged, pushing her hair behind her shoulder. 

"Mason is already inside, just Incas you're wondering," I winked.

"For the last time, we're just friends," she announced, letting a frustrated breath out.

"Keep telling yourself that," I stated and watched her strut away.

"With one Drake's, comes more ," I teased as Seamus entered.

"And don't forget it," he winked and dropped a present in my hand. "Head up kiddo, that's for you, not your brother. Caden's present is my presence," he smirked and joined everyone else.

The gift was wrapped in silver paper and had a red ribbon on top. It was almost like he actually tried to make it look pretty, what a guy.

Laughing, I welcomed Mr and Mrs Drake. They said their greetings, handed me their gift for Caden and joined the crowd. After a couple of minutes I decided that I can finally join everyone else.

Doing so, I set the presents in my hand on the table, keeping the silver wrapped one in my hand. I didn't want anyone to think it was Caden's so when no one was looking, I crept up to my room and set it on my dresser, deciding it was beat if I opened it later.

The party seemed to go on forever. Everyone was eating, drinking, laughing or chatting. It seemed like just a regular get together. Then my mother decided to make a toast.

"Everyone, everyone!" She repeated, trying to get the guests attention.

"Yo!" Mike screamed, following with a whistle.

"Thank you Michael," she nodded and grabbed her wine glass. "To Caden, that his college experience will be everything he imagined it would be and for him to become a successful and well prepared adult by the time he returns," she concluded.

"Don't get everyone's hopes up too high," mike joked, my mother giving him a death stare.

"Cheers!" Everyone announced and clanked their glasses together.

Mike never fails to ruin a monumental moment, now does he.