C H A P T E R 20

You know when you make a mistake and feel incredibly guilty after? Like you would do anything to fix what had happened? But no matter what you do, it will never go away. It will stick in your mind and torture you day after day. I might be making this a bit dramatic, but if you really think of it this way; it's true. In Casey's case, she made three mistakes that I could never forget;

1. She cheated

2. She cheated on my brother, so she threatened our friendship as well.

3. And lastly, she picked that random guy over Caden; who's a great and smart guy. She chose wrongly, and Caden will be devastated when he finds out, unless he already did.

Cheating has always disgusted me. What make you want to cheat? Are you unhappy with your soulmate and found someone who makes you happier?

If that's the case, I get it. Your feelings for that person are gone, but at least have some dignity and heart for the other person and break up with them instead. It will hurt for your partner, but why make it worse and tell him/her that you cheated. It's not necessary; you don't get both at the end.One is going to leave and if it's the one you love, you're out of luck.

I've always told people that if you love two people at the same time; always pick the second one. Because if you loved the first person, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second person. The thought of Caden having to live his life with the guilt of not making Casey happy, kills me. It was Casey's decision, and I can never forgive her for what she did to my brother.

"Knock knock," Mason greeted, making me turn around.

"Hey, what's up?" I smiled.

"Wanted to talk about what happened yesterday," he explained, walking toward my bed, sitting besides me.

"Can we not? I'm honestly exhausted and I don't want to go into it," I groaned.

"What's wrong?" He frowned with a worried look on his face.

"It's nothing, I'm just tired," I lied, not looking him in the eye.

"I'm you best friend, I know your lying?"

"Casey did something," I started."Something that hurt me and Caden."

"She cheated didn't she?"

"How do you know," my eyes widened.

"Because I saw the picture," he looked down at the floor.

"Who showed you?"

"Jake, why?" He asked.

"Who showed Jake?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Caden, who else would have?" He explained, making my whole body numb. Caden knows an I'm not there for him.

"Where is Caden?" I asked, panicking.

"In his room, his door is locked,why do you ask?" He asked, now he was looking at me.

"My brother was cheated on, and he's in there by himself," I snapped, getting out of my bed.

"I'm sure he's fine," he assured.

"You don't know him like I do," I added leaving my room, heading toward Caden's room.

"Caden?" I knocked. But like I suspected, no answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

"Please Caden, open the door," I begged and heard the lock undo.

Opening the door, Caden sat back on his bean bag chair and played video games. Whenever he feels depressed, he tries to act fine. Like nothing bothers him, but I know him and when he says he's doing well, I tend not to believe him. I walked over and sat in another bean bag next to him. His headphones were covering his ears, so being my annoying self, I turned off the TV.