C H A P T E R 54

Isabella's POV

My head is telling me "do not go see him, let him come to you. If he really wants to fix things he'll come to you". However, that's the opposite of what my heart and gut is telling me.

I don't want to make things worse and pull the string that would make him even more mad. Don't want our relationship to end because not only will I lose Jake as a boyfriend and a friend, I would disappoint my grandma. I promised her that would not date because I thought I needed to but because something inside me knew he was the one.

If Jake and I break up, my conscience would've been wrong and I would have to live with this mistake.

I'm not saying our relationship was a mistake, but were were better off as friends. I mean, we've only been on one date, we barely hang out unless it's a group hangout and we call each other maybe twice a week.

Sure we text daily (obviously not currently), but it's just not the same as sitting in the same room together. I don't regret saying yes to him, I think. But I regret not thinking this through as much as I should've.

So I've made up my mind; I'm driving I've to Jake's house right now to talk things out. We need to get things back on track.

A blue vehicle was in the driveway, something that's usually not there, so I have to park on the street. I have never seen this car anywhere near his house before, but who knows, his parents might've gotten a new car.

As I walked up the path that lead to his front door, everything was still. Almost like it was a warning. Something felt off.  Don't know what it is or how to describe it, but the vibe is tense. It might be just cause I'm nervous to hear what he has to say, or something like that.

"I'll be right there!" Jake's voice announced as soo a s I rang the doorbell. "Oh, hey," he greeted as he opened the door, obviously stunned to see me at his doormat.

"Um hey, can we talk?" I asked, fiddling with my hair.

"Can we do it out here?" He asked, quickly looking behind him then closing the door behind him.

"Uh, sure," I shrugged, wanting to know why we can't talk inside.

"What's up?" He asked, digging his hands into his pockets.

"I wanted to apologise for the fight. It was wrong for me to make you choose a side and I should've listened to what you had to say because you were right," I admitted, glancing at him then the floor, repeatedly.

"I'm not mad, I mean, I was when he left that day, but I quickly got over it. I just wanted to wait and see how things would turn out. I should've tried and look at it from your perspective instead of assuming it was no big deal, because it is.  Accept your apology and I hope you accept mine," he smiled, with his hands still in his pockets.

"Consider yourself forgiven," I smirked, stepping closer to him.

"Are we good?" He asked, flashing his million dollar smile at me as he stepped close too.

"Better than good," I replied, suddenly being engulfed in a hug. "For a second I thought you weren't going to forg-,"I started but I as immediately interrupted by someone opening up the front door.

"I hate to interrupt, but your mom says that dinner is ready," a petite, blond declared.

Right as I saw Payton, I had a mixture of feelings: anger, sadness and defeat. Anger because Payton, Jake's ex, was having dinner with his family yet, but I know they like Payton more already.

Defeat because at the end of the day, it will always be her. No matter ho hard I'll try to outrun her. She was his first girlfriend and I'm sure they still have chemistry.