C H A P T E R 37

Relationships.

Some people wait their entire lives for, or get involved with one when they're young. Either way, a relationship doesn't make any difference.

Sure, you get to tell everyone you have a soulmate and you might not feel alone so much; you're still the same person, with or without someone. Your life doesn't revolve around a random person, it's about you and your choices.

No human in this world can change who you are because before you started seeing this person, you were yourself an you can remain that way.

Having a person to hold hands with, to kiss and to cry on their shoulder if needed is an amazing feeling, but you lived without this person before, so you could do it again.

Jake filled an empty slot in my life; he was like the missing puzzle piece. However, life went on before I met him, and it's just the same now.

Just with a little spark instead.

July 29th is our anniversary, the day he finally received my answer. The only thing that has been taunting me, is that I haven't told my grandmother yet.

The promise meant a lot to her, and it did to me too; I am not sure if Jake's the one or not, but my gut and heart told me to say yes, so I did listen to her and the promise.

I just wrote my own words to it, as long as I feel safe and secure, I've made the right choice in my eyes. I just hope my grandma can see the predicament the same way as I do.

My brother and I are on separate sides right now. We used to agree on a lot of things, but family is what we argue most about.

Why and what about?

Caden was hurt when our father left, but he stayed strong for mum and I. While doing so, he completely forgot what our father did and didn't think twice about him.

I used to defend him when I was younger. I tried to convince Caden that he was wrong about Joe.

That is until I grew up and my mother told me all about him. I was devastated. I finally came to my senses and agreed with Caden, but those years were the only ones we agreed with each other on, in terms of my father.

When Joe arrived, my brother forgot all the years he cried and wished for him to come back; he forgave him so quickly.

Caden and I are back in the same situation, it just turned the opposite way.

He acts like Joe is his hero, but he doesn't know the whole story.

He doesn't know what secrets our father is keeping, and I don't either. I only know one.

What if there's more?

How can I possibly tell Caden that his hero is a liar and holds back the truth?

It would crush him more than it did when Joe walked out of our lives.

Mason hasn't talked to me since yesterday, not even a goodnight text.

My mind is telling me I ruined his and Vanessa's get together. After the whole brawl between Casey and I, Mason was forced to drive me back to Joe's.