C H A P T E R 55

At the barbecue that Mason and I attended the other day, family was the main pint in throwing this party. It was a way for everyone to celebrate the end of summer and spend quality time with loved ones.

I was privileged to be invited by Mason's aunt and uncle, but it got me thinking...where are my relatives?

Last night when I stormed off from Seamus and I's conversation, I felt a need to look up and try to allocate where, at least one, of my relatives are. Not only because I feel guilty of being a miserable house guest to the Drake's but because I need a blood related bond with someone and since my mother and I aren't on speaking term, my second choice is an aunt or uncle, maybe even an older cousin.

Luckily, my mother told me a story about her sister, who lives in Wisconsin, with the name of Anne. Width this knowledge, I looked up her profile and used my mothers maiden name to help pick out who's the right one. People might call this term "stalking", however, I call it "observing". I found out she had a Facebook and in a heartbeat, I sent her a message:

Dear Anne,

       You might not know who I am and I might not know who you are, but I need some sort of reassurance that I do have other relatives other than my mother and grandmother. My mother's name is Beth, your sister, and my name is Bella, Beth's daughter. My mother and I are currently not talking and it got me thinking if I have any other loved ones. My father passed away a couple of weeks ago, and I unfortunately do not know his family or their names. The only reason why I'm messaging you is because I remember my mother mentioning you in a conversation. I hope you're able to respond.

All the love, Isabella Rodriguez

Short and sweet.

If she doesn't respond, it won't be the end of the world, but at this point, I'll try anything to just talk to a relative. Aunt Anna had straight blonde hair and big blue eyes. On her Facebook page, thee was a younger girl, maybe two, but no husband or boyfriend it seems. Boy, do my family have some great genes with relationships.

"Hey," I smiled, opening Luce's door.

"Oh, hey stranger," she answered, standing up  and slipping her phone in her back pocket. "You arose from the dead," she stated, crossing her arms.

"I want to apologize for worrying you yesterday. My boyfriend, Jake, had dinner with his ex last night and I guess I was just couldn't sit with you guys," I explained, tangling my fingers, avoiding her eyes.

"Ugh, that must've sucked. But I mean, I did knock on your door sever times and I did sis outside your door for two hours so I don't know if I'm ready to forgive you," she sighed, raising her eyebrows.

"I understand," I mumbled and was about to show myself out before being stopped by her voice.

"I'm just kidding, geez," she laughed, making me turn around.

"I can never tell whether you're joking or not, I thought you were still mad," I stated, letting out the big breath I was holding.

"I should be an actress," she smiled.

"Thee is a drama club at Edgewood," I winked.

"Has anyone told you that you can't wink before?" She chuckled.

"Yeah," I laughed. "So we're good?" I held my thumbs up, smirking.