II (rewritten)

The Elite had been a group at Montague Prep for decades, and it would continue to be a strong and powerful group. The members of the group were selected by the previous members and everyone was carefully evaluated for the roles. Once they had their six chosen they would then choose the Queen. To claim the title of Queen you had to have money, beauty, recognition, and a cold heart. No one was better for the position than Jacqueline Kingsley and they were sure of it.

Before they were The Elite they were just a group of close friends. They hung out all the time and they made a name for themselves as they slowly moved up the social ladder. Since all six of them had insane amounts of money they had started in the B-list as freshmen. Once they were sophomores they had already caught the eye of many A-listers and were promoted and from that point on they were royalty.

Once they had stepped into Montague Prep on their first day of junior year, The Elite that year knew their titles would be passed down to them. It didn't take any observations or background checks, because they were suited for this role, and Jacqueline Kingsley would be a perfect Queen.

Before all of the social class nonsense, they had all started as children messing around in daycare. They had all met in primary school and once these children mentioned each others' names to parents, they were all best friends. Each of their parents had encouraged them to start a long and healthy friendship with each other, and all that was in it for the parents was the connections. It had always been like that.

You don't get to choose your friends in this world, the money does.

☒☒☒

"You can't be serious, Abbot! If a supermodel walks into a room that you happen to be standing in, you fucking say something!" Jacqueline was struggling to hold in her giggles as she watched the scene unfold in front of her.

"Miles, just because she is a supermodel does not mean you have to be attracted to her. I happen to have a very different type than the long, stringy, blondes. No offense, Jacqueline." Abbot winked and Jacqueline playfully rolled her eyes.

"I'm flattered, Abbot."

"We should probably start getting ready for the gala soon, Jacqueline." The clock on the wall was blinking the time 6:00 p.m. at them. The gala started at 7:30 p.m. and if Jacqueline was late her mom would have her head. This gala wasn't only to kick off a new year at Montague Prep, it was also to promote her father's hotels and announce the opening of a new one in Napa, California. So, it was a very big deal that she be there on time and support her family.

"Okay, are we meeting there or are we picking you beautiful ladies up?" Preston's comment made Jacqueline laugh and a red tint show up on Blair's cheeks.

"Oh, shut up, Preston. Be here by 7:30 p.m.." The boys waved goodbye and walked out of the towering front door.

"You know, you and Preston have some pretty undeniable chemistry, Blair."

"We do not."

"So, Blair, who exactly is taking you to the gala?" A smile shone on Jacqueline's face as she saw Blair realize she was cornered.

"Preston," Her voice was low as she grumbled and started walking up the stairs with Jacqueline following close behind. Jacqueline's parents were currently home and getting ready so Blair had invited everyone to her parents' home because they were on a business trip and wouldn't be back for weeks. It was a blessing because it meant Jacqueline had a place to hide from her parents. "And who's taking you, Jacqueline?" The glint of mischief in Blair's eye was hard to miss and Jacqueline shook her head.

"It's very different, Blair. Beckett and I have been close for a while and we're each other's dates to everything. It's an unspoken agreement. But trust me, we're just friends."