If Not Now Then When?

Start from the beginning

"Unless you do want us to babysit Ella, which I would strongly advise against it given Emmett and I are already two children in adult disguise," Jasper adds.

I narrow my eyes at the two of them. "You don't say so." I pick up my baby girl from her pumpkin seat and lean her against my chest. "Come on, sweetie, let's get you away from the stooges."

* * *

Emmett's P.O.V

Jasper gets in the car and makes the sign that it is time to call Alice.

"Tell me why I feel like we're on a Ocean's Eleven mission with these two?" I ask as I dial the little pixie's number.

"Because it's a damn crime it has taken these two this long to go on a damn date," Jasper said and leaned back.

"Did it work?" Alice asked in a whisper, skipping the hello portion of our conversation because who cares about courtesies when you're trying to set each of your siblings up for a romantic date.

"Like a charm. Homeboy is making dinner as we speak."

"Great. Bella is trying on some dresses right now, still has no clue what is going on so everything is going according to plan."

Jasper leaned in and shouted, "Hey baby, how do we know either A, Edward is only making dinner for himself or B, Bella will smell your sneaky plan any minute?"

I put Alice on speaker. "Don't doubt me, husband, I know these two better than they imagine. Bella has a full face of makeup, her hair done and all because she thinks we are playing Barbie Bella. Trust me, if this goes according to plan, they will be each other's dates for Emmett and Rosalie's wedding."

"Well, we are pulling out of the drive, our part of the heist is now over. Text me when the mission has been accomplished."

"Will do. Pixie out."

"Roger that." I hang up and turn the engine on. "You know, next time we should rob a back."

"Right on."

Jasper and I high five.

* * *  

Bella's P.O.V

Edward will certainly believe I have gone mad when I walk through the front door or that a stranger has broken into the apartment. I must say, it feels weird being all dressed up again. My hair is done in smooth waves over my shoulders. The girls then took me to Sephora to get my makeup done, not too much but something different and then dragged me on ten different stores to try on clothes. Our Girls Day turned out to be a Barbie Bella day. I am not the same woman who walked out that door this morning... or that I was eleven months ago.

My body is different. It isn't the body of a single twenty six year old woman, it is the body of a twenty six year old mother. I felt rather a little insecure when I was trying on dresses. There are curves where there wasn't any before, my breast are huge and not to mention my ass. There is also the longing. I cannot emphasize how much I missed my baby girl... and Edward.  

Alice stops the car in front of my apartment and both her and Rosalie turn to me.

"Looking hot, Mama." Alice winked at me.

I chuckle and blush at the same time.

"No, but seriously," Rosalie said with all seriousness in the world. "You look absolutely beautiful."

I look down at my black lacy dress and shrug. "It's all you, girls. Now, I'm going back inside to see my daughter."

"Say hi to Edward for me!"

I shut the door and walk back to the apartment with my bags in hand. I have no idea when I will wear all these new dresses but a time will come. I'm a little taken aback when I walk in the apartment. It's dark and no noise is to be heard but the smell of freshly made food takes over. Is that Salmon I smell? I'm pretty sure I saw his car outside when Alice pulled over. I walk straight to the bedroom but find it empty.

"Edward?" I call out, dropping the bags on the ground. I walk in the bathroom and nothing. Ella's nursery is also empty. "Edward!"

I hear her little babbling coming from the oddly lit balcony when I walk right back to the living room. The blinds are closed but the little yellow lights are still somewhat visible. I walk slowly toward the balcony, listening to Ella's coos and Edward's chuckles.

"Is Mommy home?" I hear him say. "Do you want to say hi to Mommy?"

"Ed... oh god."

A gasp escapes me when I see the balcony. There's lights wrapped around the railing and that hang from the ceiling. The center is taken over by a small table that is covered by a white table cloth, two plates of food and a vase of red roses on the center. All this and the view of the city ahead of us is enough to make me choke up. Edward stands up, dressed in dress pants and a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. In his arms he told Ella, dressed in her pretty pink flower dress and a flower bow on her head.

A quiet sob escapes me.

"I didn't really realize what they were doing until they were gone," Edward said. "But they were oddly persistent. Then I heard them talking to Ella when I stepped into the bathroom for a moment, saying something about it going according to plan. I don't know how but somehow it oddly... clicked."

A mixture between a laugh and sob escapes me. "This was their doing." I look down to my dress and laugh. "How did I not think of it?"

I look up when I realize Edward has walked up to me, holding our daughter in his arms. "Perhaps they wanted to give us a little push." He takes a pause. "Bella, I'm so sorry I have been terrified of this... of us. But after much thought I realize how stupid I was. This is something I have wanted for as long as I can remember and I cannot imagine it being any better than it is now, but it can. I want to make it up to you and court you and flirt with you." We chuckle together. "I want to take you on a date on our balcony with our daughter. So, what do you say, Ms. Swan, will you join me and our daughter for dinner?"

A wide smile spreads through my face. "I finally get to see what Edward Cullen is like on a date? That'll be a hell yes."

Edward's smile matches mine. He offers me his hand and I gladly take.

* * *

Alice's P.O.V

"Babe... Babe..." Jasper shakes me awake. "Babe, wake up."

"What?" I groan into the pillow.

"Your phone has been vibrating." He yawns. "Check who it is."

I groan again and lift my hand to the nightstand. The brightness of the screen blinds me for ten seconds until I'm finally able to see the name on my screen. It's a text message from Edward and one from Emmett. I quickly open Edward's message and a smile breaks out.

We know what you did and I couldn't love you more for it.
You're the best, sis. Thank you.

And I open Emmett's.

Mission Accomplished. Next step, bank robbery ;)

"Mission Accomplished indeed, little bro."

Author's Note:

Yay! Update! How'd you think the date went? I honestly couldn't bring myself into writing it because I felt like I wouldn't have been able to make it as amazing as I envisioned it and plus I have never been on a date so I wouldn't know hahaha but what did you guys think? Did you like how things unfolded?

ALSO who recognized the song? ;) Ahhh the feels.

Much love!

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324