Foster Home- Scorbus Muggle AU

Start from the beginning

My first day wasn't bad. No, not at all. I made friends, and that's all-
"Scorpius?"
He stumbled in and closed the door after me. He smirked and fell on the bed beside me.
"Are you drunk?" I whispered. Did his parents allow that? He shuffled closer and sat up, leaning his back against the backboard. Jake and Elliot shared a room, Jane had one and I had one. Scorpius had one and his parents had theirs. That's 5 rooms in this huge mansion place. And I think I took up the last bedroom. I stopped thinking about how his bedroom was just opposite mine (because Jane told me he never wanted us staring into his room or anywhere near him so they had to have those further away rooms, but I got the last one) and I started to think about why Scorpius was leaning in. I dodged.
"Woah, woah!" I whispered, "What are you-"
He started to cry. But not cry as such... whimper. He whimpered and lay down, curling into a ball.
"Scorpius...?"
He placed a hand onto my leg and was out as I stared in surprise. I eventually eased myself down and slept, ignoring the presence of him beside me.
Wait.
That meant he liked boys.
That meant he could like ME.
Well, he did try to kiss me.
Woah! Woah...

I woke up early and quickly text on the group chat I was added to. Foster kids. Draco had apparently brought Jake and Elliot a phone when they got here, but I already had one. As did Jane when she arrived here. And they already had a group chat, so I was added. I made sure it was just me, Jane, Jake and Elliot before texting.

Albus: Uhm, why did Scorpius come into my room drunk and try to kiss me last night?
It wasn't early early. It was around 9, but Scorpius was probably hung over.
Jane: He always does to the newbies the first night. I was the first here. He kissed me and then went out.
Elliot: Actually, he touched a bit of me.
Albus: Ew! He's 16 and you're fourteen.
Elliot: I was twelve, actually, and he was fourteen. Drunk, too.
Albus: So his parents let him get drunk like that?
Jane: He's very... sly. They hardly notice most the time.
Jake: WOAH, wait, he TRIED to? So you didn't kiss him?
Albus: No... I dodged.
Jane: WHAT? So what is he doing? Where is he? What happened? Tell us!
Jake: TELL US.
Elliot: OH MY LORDY TELL US.
I tried not to laugh and wake him up.
Albus: He just started to like whimper and then he fell asleep. He's still asleep beside me.
Jane: That proves our theory.
Jake: It does indeed.
Elliot: He slept beside me too, mainly because we made out. But he was gone when I woke up. Is he still there?
Albus: Well he is and I'm not letting him have the control if he did that. Let me go out.
I walked out the room quietly so he would be alone when he woke up, albeit it was my room.
Albus: Jane, coming to your room. Nobody stop texting on here, I need ANSWERS.
Jane: Ooh! Yes!
I opened the door and she beckoned me closer. I sat beside her on her bed and we continued texting.
Jake: No! Come to our room.
Elliot: All of you come here.
Jane: No, I prefer texting.
Albus: Back to the story! What theory does it prove?
Jane: Well we always thought that Scorpius does it the first night to try and prove he's boss. Kiss us and then leave, make sure he's in control. But you dodged and that retrieved his power and control so he weakened. Plus, he was drunk, and that's when he's most vulnerable.
Albus: Oh...
Jake: We have him figured out!
Elliot: Well not really. He doesn't talk to us much. So we don't know much about him.
Albus: So... he's gay?
Jake: Dunno. Kissed me.
Elliot: Made out with me!
Elliot was pretty good looking. Face structure was sharp, his face tanned and hair a chestnut colour and smooth. His eyes were green and he had freckles dotted over his innocent face and button, small nose. He had started to get acne and a few voice breaks, as I experienced yesterday. Meanwhile, Jake had black hair and blue eyes, cheeks a little chubbier but his smile adorable with dimples. He was pale. Then came Jane, pale with long, dark brown, silky hair and large hazel eyes. She had pink lips and round circle lenses in her glasses that reminded me of my dad. What I could faintly remember of him anyway.
Jane: Yes, Ell, you've said.
Albus: So, gay then.
Jane: He kissed me!
Albus: Did he like it?
Jane: Of course he did, cheeky arsehole.
I looked up at her and grinned and she laughed and pulled me under her arm. I'd already found her like a sister to me. I watched her long eyelashes stroke her cheeks as she looked back down at her phone and I decided to do the same.
Jake: Maybe he's bi.
Elliot: Maybe he has no preference. Why does it matter?
Jane: Ell, we know you're gay.
Elliot: I have no preference.
Jake: I'm straight.
Jane: As am I.
I didn't text back until Elliot text again.
Elliot: Go on, Albus. Don't hide anything, will you?
I pulled away gently from Jane and blushed.
Albus: Yeah... I like men. That's not bad.
Jane: Of course it isn't. I like men too.
I laughed and Jane winked at me.
Jake: I heard Scorpius' door close. His is the really loud slamming one.
I heard that too. Jane was right at the back of the house on the second story. Then came Jake and Elliot's room a bit further up on the hallway, and mine further up some more. Then Scorpius' opposite me on the other side. Then you turned to another hallway which was short and had the toilet and Draco and Astoria's room. I could see a bit of their room from my room. Jane had an en suite, being the "only girl", as she had told me when I jealously stared around her bedroom yesterday after dinner, and because she was the first one there. So she picked her room. I bet Jake and Elliot had to run to the toilets sometimes they were pretty far away. I mean, if they were desperate, it was far.
"Uh, Albus?" Jane whispered. I jumped and hummed and looked at the phone.
Elliot: Go check on your room, Albus.
Jake: The first to break him! To prove you're in control, oh mighty!
Jane: Ooh, shut it, Jake!
Jake: You clam it, booby.
Jane: Shut up, cocky!
Elliot: Uhm...
Jake: Uhm what?
Elliot: Why do you two always fight?
Jane: Because he is a bitch.
Jake: You love me really, Jane!
Jane: You irritate the fuck out of me. Shithead.
Jake: ...thanks... I hate myself.
Elliot: Don't be so mean, Jane.
Jane: Shut up, Ellie. Jake, stop being so pathetic.
Jake: Shut up. Where's Albus? Albus, slap Jane.
Elliot: That'd be a girl basher.
Jane: Fuck off. Come do it yourself, Jake.
Jake: Not a girl basher if she hits us.
Jane: I don't though.
Elliot: You slap us.
Jane: Not hard.
Jake: Whatever. ALBUS! WHERE ARE YOU?!