CERTAIN PSHYCO-CHEMICAL TRANSFORMATIONS: 15

Start from the beginning

Sybil kept looking inward until all the energy clusters opened up. At that point, the air circle ran undisturbed, bringing to his mouth a liberating and peaceful moan.

When the same sound came out of Set's mouth, Sybil knew that the job was done. The boy had rebalanced and his mind was finally at peace.

Sybil opened his eyes and slightly pulled back to give him a loving smile. Set stared back at him with the same eager amazement of a child looking at Santa Claus coming down the chimney.

"You are...the closest thing to God I've ever met," he whispered, his eyes brightened with a new light.

"I am neither more nor less than you are. We are all emanations of the divine light, manifesting through the kaleidoscope of existence," Sybil corrected him.

"Whatever we are, nobody has ever done what you did," Set countered.

"If that's your way of telling me that I got into your heart, the feeling is mutual," Sybil replied sincerely.

Set pulled away and took a step back. "Hey man, don't make it into a love confession now," he spat, snapping back to his usual self.

Sybil walked past him and glanced out of the balcony's open doors. "Set, your conditioned mind prevents you from recognizing the truth and limits your possibilities to experience the beauty in all things surrounding you. It's not that way for me, not anymore. I have no reason to deny the obvious," he explained calmly.

For Sybil Vain, the Opening transcended sex and made it non-essential. It was the disappearing of all personal physical boundaries and the contemplation of Unity, Love, and Grace. In other words, the Opening led to the silence of the mind and to the ultimate realization of the divine.

In fact, that was the ideal state of bliss and connection that every human being tried to reach through the sexual act.

After years of meditative practice, it became easy for Sybil to experience it, whether by tasting some food, taking a shower or relaxing on a comfortable bed, even by cuddling the cat or sensing the contact between the soles of his feet and the ground. However, during an interaction with another human being, more intricate patterns came into play. Conditioning, emotions, and judgments made it much more rare to happen.

It was amazing how easily he managed to open himself up to Set and in such a natural way.

Sybil would've loved to take his time and observe the countless shades of his attraction towards the boy. However, given Set's reaction, it was clear that it wasn't the right time to force the matter, so he backed off and turned to Maria.

She was still sitting on the floor, her back against the wall, her gaze directed at him. With her curls and big eyes, she looked like a doll in that light-blue dress. She had worn pastel colors since the day Sybil pointed out that he couldn't stand black in the morning, and offered to sponsor her new working-wardrobe.

"This color suits you very well, Mimi," he complimented as he walked back to her.

He stretched out his hand to help her up. As she complied, he let go of her and gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.

She turned beet-red. Her eyes were one shade darker and wet, her lower lip trembling. Her face reminded Sybil of those women from South American soap operas when they are found by their husband with another man.

"I believe Set likes your pretty dress too," he teased, a mischievous smile curving his lips. "But, as much as I appreciate some good erotica, I'd like you to provide him with underwear. Just for your sake, sweetheart," he added, moving his hand to lightly pat her head.