And that's how Elenora ended up alone in Charles Xavier's office.

She was curious, to say the least, and her instinct told her to sneak around the room and read everything she could get her hands on, but her gut reminded her:

he's a mind reader, stupid, he'd know.

So she didn't- well, not really. Elenora did get up and walk around but not to open any drawers or read anything private. Instead, she walked over the large window that looked out on the courtyard and watched the bustling out there.

There were kids playing ball and using their mutations to help them. There was one kid running on water- total Jesus style- while his friends shouted and raced beside him.

And then there was a small tornado in the corner of Elenora's vision, and she immediately focused in on it. In the middle of the churning leaves and dust were a familiar sweater and head of hair. It was Connor.

Elenora scoffed and stepped back from the window- of course, he was the cliche punk rock kid. Before Elenora could think much more about the boy in his own little mess, a cough sounded from the door of the office.

As if she was caught red-handed, Elenora spun on her heel with an expression like a deer caught in headlights. The man in front of her just raised an eyebrow, a smirk settling on his dark features.

"Looking for something, Bub?" he asked, folding his arms over his chest. Elenora didn't recognize him at all; nothing about his dark brown hair or beard for terrible fashion for that matter, was as familiar as Charles.

She had no clue who this guy was, and so cautiously, she stepped away from the window and turned to get a better look at him.

He was tired, that she could tell- the bags under his eyes were dark. His hair was in desperate need of a haircut, his overall appearance was raggedy.

Elenora didn't answer- she didn't know how. The man just squinted at her and took a few steps forward. "Are you supposed to be here? Don't you have class or something?"

Elenora opened her mouth to tell him she here under orders, but Charles beat her to it.

"She's with me, Logan," he explained, and he rolled in with a manila file on his lap, picking it up extending it to Elenora who grabbed it and stood behind Charles as he talked to Logan.

Elenora connected the dots from the previous night that he was the sometimes professor at the school.

"This is Elenora," Charles went on to explain, motioned for Elenora to take a step back to he could maneuver to his desk. She obliged, letting her hands grasp each other behind her back, momentarily making eye contact with Logan. Even after she looked away, Logan's eyes were still trained to hers.

"You mean Beatrice's kid?" Logan confirmed, and tone evident in his voice that didn't make Elenora feel wanted or unwanted.

Charles glanced at Elenora, still hearing her thoughts, before nodding to Logan. "Yes."

"Speaking about Beatrice," Elenora piped in, her voice thin now that it wasn't only Charles in the room. The name seemed so soft on her tongue, it was almost like she never spoke it. "I had some questions. About her."

He sighed. Of course, she did- she was Beatrice's daughter, she has the right to ask questions and be curious and wonder. How had he not considered that sooner? "Right of course. Elenora, would you mind if we talked after dinner? I'm in the middle of an issue with a colle-"

"I don't mind at all," Elenora complied with a smile on her face, and Charles knew she was just glad it was going to happen, and she didn't really care when.