Chapter 15

••••••••••••••POV Ekon••••••••••••••

I walked around camp trying to act normal. I avoided Hero the best I could. Walking hurt like hell, and I had an obvious limp. Both Raine and Armor gave looks of concern that I blew off. No one could learn what had happened last night, for Jewel's sake. I had no idea on whether or not Hero could manage to pull it off but I decided against risking it. He was scary right now. I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't turn to anyone for help but I didn't want to suffer at the hands of Hero. I don't have a choice. I have to let Hero get what he wants if I'm to protect everyone else. I have to let him hurt me so he doesn't hurt anyone else.

I spent the day hiding from everyone, including the twins. I had to stay low and endure everything so I could see Jewel the next night. I was gonna have to deal with a new level of hell so that everyone else could be safe. I was lost and broken. I had only one hope, and that was Jewel. My life was starting to revolve around her, a single girl who was my enemy until I saved her for some reason. I walked over to the shower station to think as I cleaned off.

What did I care about anyone else? This world is one where you can't trust like you use to...but how can I expect change if I don't do my best to make a change? I must put others above myself even if I could get hurt because of it. I have to be the change I wanna see in the world. My group can change the world we live in for the better as long as we work for it. These thoughts kept flooding my head after I cleaned off and went through the day. Hours passed as I jumped from location to location, activity to activity within the camp to avoid people. I was invisible to everyone, that was until the dinner bell rang.

I walked over to the mess hall for dinner, trying not to be bothered. I picked up a sandwich and water canteen before turning to go to the tent when the twins and Hero walked up to me. "Hey! Where you been, we haven't hung out like all day." Armor stated. "Yeah, what've you been up to all day?" Raine questioned. Hero had a smirk on his face, curious to see my response because he knew I was avoiding him, yet I wasn't allowed to say anything. "Oh...nothing. I've just been running things around here and there, trying to organize the grounds again. You know, the usual thing I do when I have no life." I stated. "Oh, fun. Well then, I'm sure you're tired so let's go eat and relax. Shall we?" Hero motioned us to go sit at a nearby table.

The twins sat down on one side of the table as I sat down on the other, Hero joining me. He placed his hand on the inside of my upper thigh causing me to tense. Feeling what I did, he gripped tighter causing a slight discomfort. I knew what this all meant, he was gonna make a move tonight and all I could do was sit in fear of what was gonna happen. The others didn't notice anything so Hero scooted in closer to placing his lower hand directly next to my girl part. Discreetly, I try to slide away but he grabbed ahold of my waistband and kept me next to him.

We sat there eating and talking until the curfew bell rang out, signaling for us to head back to our tents. The fear in me was rising as we walked back. I had no idea what Hero wanted, well what was going to do. All I knew was that I was gonna be in pain, I could see it in his eyes. We walked into the tent and the twins said goodnight. I tried to walk into my section without Hero but he followed closely behind. He grabbed my shoulders the second the flap closed and pinned me to the support post in my corner. I was trapped.

His mouth went up to my ear as he whispered, "I hope you're ready for this because I'm not gonna give you a choice. I've been waiting a long time to do this. I'm gonna enjoy this whether you do or not." "Why Hero, why are you doing this?" I begged for an answer. "Why? Simple, you are my desire and I will get what I want one way or another." I tried to get away from the post but he pushed his body on top of mine. "You WILL do as I say if you want your little friend of yours to live, understood?
I nodded in fear of what Hero was capable of. He picked me up and threw me down on the cot without any care of the pain I was about to go through.

Crawling on top of me, he took my shirt off along with his. Then he cuffed my wrist to the cot again. Hero stood up and pulled off his belt, undoing his jeans. Coming back over to me, he began to slide my pants off. I started to squirm, moving away from his hand but then he slapped my thigh hard enough to make it go numb. After pulling off the rest of our clothes, he tied his shirt to use as a gag and put it around my head.

He got on top of me, skin on skin. I was left defenseless as he toyed and hurt me. Hero got everything he wanted and I was left weak and helpless. I cried, knowing there was no one who could help me. He took my sense of trust and sense of security in people. After he was finished, my body was torn and bruised. "Look, I'm not gonna break you until you feel ready, but I have wanted you, craved you for so long that I just had to play. I'm excited to see what we do next." Hero spoke softly as he undid my bondage.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I wanted him to leave but I lied there, frozen. Eventually, he left, and after some more time had passed I got dressed only to lay back down in bed. My only motivation was that I was gonna see Jewel soon. Otherwise, I wanted nothing to do with anyone. I layed in bed until the morning bell and I began to go through my day.