Chapter 8

It was dark, I couldn't see much, but I could tell that I was tied up to a post in a large tent. That was how I woke up. I didn't remember what happened at first. Everything was blurry. I didn't know who I was. I tried to think back on what had lead up to this moment but I drew a blank. That's when I heard the voices outside the tent. They didn't sound too happy about something. I went limp to try to act like I was still out cold.

The tent opening was thrown open and in came a rush of cold air and several people based on the footsteps I heard coming closer. The next thing I knew a bucket of ice cold water was thrown on me. I shook trying to get the water out of my face. I looked up only to be blinded because of the light that had been allowed to come in by the opening of the tent. Once my eyes adjusted I could see my captors clearly. There was two older boys and three girl who seemed to be just slightly older than myself.

They each wore a black jacket with a gold sword on it. I recognised that logo. I thought hard. Suddenly my memories came flooding back. I knew what had happened and I knew that I was in danger. One of the girls spoke harshly to the others, "So what are we going to do with...that?" They all looked like they wanted to kill me but couldn't because they were under specific orders not to. "I don't know. I just know that we can't kill It...sadly." one of the boys responded.

The girl in the middle got a look that would make the devil jealous and spoke in a voice that he would kill for, "We can't kill It, but, Edge didn't say anything about not harming It." The group smiled maliciously. The second boy untied my hands from the post just to retie them to a rafter overhead. My feet were barely on the ground. I was scared and I had no one to call out to for help. One of the girls called to the boys, "Blade, Troy, go get some bats." She then looked at the other two girls, "Pierce, Blitz, the whips." "Will do, Orbit." they all said and then took off.

Orbit started to walk around me as if to decide if I was worth her time. "What do you want from me." I finally said after her fifth walk around. "What do I want from you.? Nothing. Now what does Edge want from you I don't know. He said he saw you with someone during the battle that should be with us, and since he is Jaunty's head Outsider, we did as we were told."

I paused. I knew she was talking about Jewel. "I don't know what you're talking about. I was with other Montusko kids."

"Sure. Whatever you say. Look, you don't have to convince me, I couldn't care less about that girl that went missing, you have to convince Edge."

I stared at her, "Then why beat me?" "Simple, I hate you and your kind. You Montusko kids have everything and we're left with nothing." Orbit said sourly.

The other four finally came back with the things they had been told to get. I shut my mouth as if the previous conversation never happened. I didn't know what she meant by that. Troy spoke and I stopped thinking about the conversation, "What's It getting hit with first and who gets the first blow?" It was terrifying to see how eager they all were to hurt me. Orbit smacked Troy so hard that it left a red mark on his face, "Obviously I do, dumbass, and I'm using my fist."

That was the moment I got socked in the jaw. It felt like the rest of them almost immediately started beating on me with the bats and whips. I held back grunts of pain that eventually turned into muffled cries. They had stripped me down to shorts and a tank top in order to make it easier to cause pain. Pierce noticed the long cut on my calf first, "Hey Orbit, can I give It a matching one on the other calf, please?" Her smile was so cruel it wasn't even funny.

There was nothing I could do except endure the pain. Pierce took a knife that happened to be attached to Blitz's belt. She kneeled and looked up at me, "Oh don't worry, this is only gonna hurt...a lot." They all sneered as Pierce dug the knife into my calf and drug it down deep into my flesh. I cried out, unable to hold it back the scream.

........

After what seemed to be forever the five Jaunty kids stepped back, finally satisfied with their work; beating me. My body was black, blue and purple all over. Orbit looked at her watch, "Hey look, we finished at a great time. Let's go get dinner guys." With that, the group walked out.

I was in so much pain. My body was finally starting to give way. I was physically numb and the world was going dark. I was almost positive I had broken ribs and my back was ripped to shreds. My jaw hurt too much to try and move it from being punched and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't feel my own body. God I hope everyone else is okay. Please let them be safe back at camp, I thought before I blacked out from a mixture of both blood loss and pain.