Chapter 11

I woke up to complete darkness. I sat up and groaned. My body hurt so freaking bad. Pushing myself up, I walked outside. It was still dark out and it was super cold. I walked back inside threw on my coat so I could go for a walk to clear my mind. I had so many thoughts running through my head that I couldn't make sense of them all. What did Jewel mean to me? No one has ever made me second guess anything like this before. I've never had to try to figure out my feelings before because they had always been so clear. What changed? What am I actually feeling right now? I stopped on my tracks and looked around. I had wandered all the way to the tree where I had saved Jewel.

I lowered myself to the base of the tree and just sat there thinking. I couldn't really have feelings for her could I? I never felt this way before about anyone. Why do I constantly put my life on the line for hers? There's no way she could feel the same, is there? No right? I looked up at the stars and smiled at the thought of her looking up at the same night sky. I shook the thought from my head. "There's no way that this is happening. I mean she's from my rival school for one, and for two, she's a freaking girl!" I said talking to myself out loud.

Who can I talk to about this? Can I trust anyone with this? Do I even have anyone to talk to? I mean I could probably try the twins but who knows how they'll react. They might think I'm crazy or I was drugged or something. I'm almost positive Hero hates her so I won't even bother bringing it up with him. I mean I could probably go talk to Jewel herself but that could be suicide. Plus she's probably happy being back with her group. Man I miss her. She had this way of smiling that made even the sun look dark. She could stare at me with her chocolate eyes and melt my heart. Her brown and wavy hair smelled of flowers. She was just so amazing. And now, now she's gone. I don't even know if she misses me.

Maybe I could....no that's a bad idea. But maybe....no it's suicide. There's no way I can get to her without a chance of dying. Am I really willing to do that for her??? I sat there thinking to myself about the mess I was about to get into. A mission to go see the girl who took a piece of me. At least to give a proper goodbye. This plan is crazy enough that it could actually work. I just need to get time away like maybe tomorrow night. I layed there with my eyes close, thinking about the plan, not even realizing that I was drifting off into a deep and relaxing sleep.

•••••••••••••• POV Change •••••••••••••

Hero-

I finally have her back. Stupid Jaunty. Did they really think they could get away with hurting Ekon? I'm going to murder them all. Every last one of them. First the ones who hurt her and then the girl. Ekon can't be anywhere near this though, it'd crush her. No one will know until it's over but no one can know because they'll try to stop me. I hate people...well most people. I don't hate Armor or Raine, and I love Ekon. All these thoughts were running through my head as I looked into a mirror in my tent. My dark hair looked like a mess of spikes and my eyes....they looked like they were red from the anger, but only for a split second before returning to their normal light brown color.

They would never understand me. I started to pace the length of my tent. I can't lose her. I need her. I wonder if Armor and Raine would help. I mean I would think they care about Ekon almost as much as I do. Maybe I could get them to understand me...just maybe. It would be easier to take out Jaunty if I had them on my side. No one would be able to stop us. Others would follow behind Armor and Raine since they're leaders and the three of us are some of the strongest in our school. We're the top ranked legion in school for a reason. No one had a stronger team than us. It was apart of the reason that Montusko had lasted so long in the war. Goldsburg High and Forksford had joined together a few years back because they weren't rivals and they would've been far too small and weak to last alone in this hellish war.

I paused for a moment, looked towards the opening of my tent before continuing to pace. I wonder if I could get away with sneak attack. Get in quick and strike when the sky is dark so I have cover. Strike two tents a night. Use silent weapons to kill. I'll be gone in a flash, no one will see it coming. It's the perfect plan. Just need a few days of preparation and I can pull this off. Then I'll be the hero of the school, like I'm supposed to be. My legacy will live long after me, the story of how I, Hero, brought justice to Montusko High by showing no mercy, and how I won over the fair maiden Ekon's heart. I would gain leadership within the ranks and Montuko would be the school to end La Guerra Adolescente. We could start a new city. The crew could lead the city to success. We would be looked up to and praise. It would be amazing.

I walked over to the tent's opening and paused. Maybe I shouldn't tell them, at least not yet. I need to make a final decision on if I'm doing this alone. I wonder if Ekon is okay, I should check on her. With that Hero walked out of his tent into the dead of night to watch over his friend..a friend who he was in love with.