C H A P T E R 57

Começar do início

"You really think he likes me?" I asked as I felt my cheeks flush.

"Our main topic that we discussed today was you, so yeah, I'm pretty positive," she laughed.

"It was really nice meeting you, but I have to go," I smiled, brushing a strand of hair back.

"Anytime, hope I helped," she called but I was already in the house.

I searched the crownd looking for Seamus and when I finally did, he was making his way towards his birthday cake, which happened to be directly next to me.

As soon as his eyes met mine, somebody turned the lights off, the candles gave the room a warm glow and everyone started to sing. When it was time for the candles to be blown out, he glanced at me, then back at his cake and blew the flames out. The lights flickered back on and everyone crowded around the cake to make sure they get a piece before it runs out.

Me, on the other hand, went the opposite way of the group and found a spot on the coach to sit on. Pulling the phone out my pocket, I noticed I got a message from Aunt Anna.

Please tell me you got the guy. Please,please, please tell me you dumped your boyfriend and got the guy.

"Watcha laughing at?" Seamus asked as he passed me a slice of cake and scooted next to me, peeking at the screen.

"None of your business," I chuckled and held the phone to my chest.

"Secrets don't make friends, and friends don't make secrets," he pouted.

"Good thing we aren't friends," I joked, hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"You just insulted the birthday boy, how does that make you feel?" He brushed his curly, dark hair out his face, smirking.

"Like I should win a trophy," I smiled.

"You already have a trophy sitting right next to you," he replied, glancing at me sideways.

"In your dreams," I laughed.

"I think it's the other way round princess," he winked.

"Eat your cake," I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry about that whole Jake thing. I didn't know he'd be showing up," he apologised, scratching his cheek.

"I took care of it, no big deal," I mumbled, picking at the the cake frosting.

"Took care if it? What does that mean?" He frowned.

"Meaning we are no longer a thing," I sighed, looking at him.

"Oh, well if it helps, he deserved it," he shrugged, leaning back in the sofa.

"I guess," I replied and focused my attention back on the cake.

"Did you get me a present?" He asked out of no where, smiling at me like a child.

"Excuse me?" I wondered, confused.

"A birthday present. Did you get me one?"he repeated, rolling his eyes.

"You're looking at it," I joked, my presence should be the only gift he needs.

"Do you have a receipt so that I can return it?" He teased.

"Rude," I huffed and threw my fork at him.

"I like the term, heartless, better," he winked and stood up.

"That makes you sound even more rude," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Hey princess, that's the point," he snapped his fingers, smirking and disappearing into the crowd with his cup.

The butterflies in my stomach simmered down and just then I did realise that I might like Seamus. After all, we tease, joke and make each other laugh all the time. He gives me such great advice and with him I feel comfortable.

We might've not known each other for long, but I feel like I can talk to him about anything; he's like another Mason, but the difference is that I like like Seamus and I only like Mason.

"Awesome party Luce, thanks," Seamus thanked as the guests left.

"I had help from this girl," she smiled and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Well then, thank you both," he winked and turned around to walk up the stairs.

"I'm headed to bed, thanks for today," Luce engulfed me into a hug

"Anytime, goodnight," I smiled and sat down at the bar, head in hands.

Everything that has happened today, just hit me. Jake and I are no longer together, I have some sort of feelings toward Seamus and I have no clue if I'm going to make another stupid decision.

However, before I could wonder too far into my thoughts, I heard a step creak and I looked up to see none other than Seamus walking down the stairs.

"Hey, forgot my phone," he explained, and pointed at his phone which was on the counter. "You alright?" He asked, once he got his phone and walked closer to where I was.

"Uh yeah, just tired," I lied. Staring into his eyes only made the butterflies crazier.

"Lame excuse," he shook his head, pressing his lip into a thin line and leaning on the bar where I was sitting. "Remind me to teach you to lie better," he tapped on the table and headed towards the stairs, before my big mouth could stop him.

"Do you think I made the right decision of breaking up with Jake," I blurted our, making him turn around.

"I do, yes," he replied. "Don't you feel relieved?" He wondered.

"I don't know what I feel," I mumbled and stood up. "I'm heading to bed," I decided, patting Seamus on the shoulder before walking past him. "Happy birthday," I smiled.

"Bella," he stopped me by grabbing my arm which made me turn around immediately. "You deserve someone who will treat you like a princess and will help you through everything no matter what," he let go of my arm as one corner of his lips curved up. "You deserve someone who will make you feel like the happiest girl in the world and will make you laugh when you're sad. If Jake didn't provide all that then he's just not worth it. So yes, you made the right choice," he concluded, digging his hands into his pockets.

"You just described how you treat me, you do realize that, right?" I asked, glancing at him as he stood there staring at me with those deep brown eyes, before I walked upstairs.