Then she drew her sword. "I'll kill you Mutare," she hissed, narrowing her eyes. Lukas summoned the Twin Blade of Light stepping between the goddess and Mutare.

"Leave him be," Lukas snapped.

"Lukas, Lukas, Lukas," Victoria said, with a sigh, shaking her head. "Harper get over here," Victoria snapped, and the silent Mutare with a glowing blue collar that resembled the ocean's waves walked across the room, flinching as Victoria touched her shoulders. And then Victoria slapped the Mutare with every bit as much force as she had used on Dai. "Pain is key to control," she said. "Mutare are monsters who will turn on you if you do not properly control them."

Lukas bit his tongue, knowing better than to speak back to his older sister. Victoria lifted Harper off the floor, running her fingers through the Mutare's black hair, taking pleasure in each flinch and terrified glance.

"Harper is my favorite familiar," Victoria said. "Seriously Lukas, you have never known bliss until you know complete control," she said. "I'll miss her after I kill her."

"What did you want to talk about Victoria?" Lukas asked.

Victoria pressed her lips together in a pout. "I wanted to ask why you were looking for the Rose Book," she said. "Terrin was charged with doing that."

"Our older brother has no interest in finding the Rose Book," Lukas snapped. Terrin, the second god. Only the Lady of Light was more powerful. "Terrin was going to miss the alinement," Lukas said, crossing his arms. "I replaced him."

Smirking, Victoria shook her head. "You stole from Terrin," she said. "He'll kill you."

"Terrin's fat and lazy," Lukas said. "I can take him."

"He's also an extremely powerful magic wielder," Victoria said. "He's had millennium longer than you to perfect his power. You can't even use healing magic." Victoria rolled her eyes as she gestured to Lukas's bloodied shirt. "Instead of messing with Terrin's things, you should be practicing," she said.

"But-"

"No buts," Victoria said. "You should forget about the Rose Book," she said, with a gentle smile as she turned her back to Lukas.

Lukas clenched his fist but said nothing. Behind him, Dai's tail was thrashing. "Hey!" Dai snapped, causing Lukas's heart to lurch. Victoria turned, her eyes blazing. "You're wrong."

"Dai," Lukas said. "Stop."

Dai did the opposite in fact, summoning his ice blade. Victoria's eyes widened as she smirked. "My, my. I didn't know that Mutare were still dabbling in magic," she said. "If he wasn't so loud then you might have the best familiar of all the gods." She tilted her head. "But you have absolutely no control over him."

"I do," Lukas insisted. Dai clicked his tongue, obviously not believing Lukas. Lukas didn't believe himself either. Victoria rose a brow, pushing Dai's blade away.

"Cute knife, Mutare," Victoria said. "Lukas. Tell him to put it away."

"Put it away, Dai," Lukas said. "Please."

Victoria punched Lukas in the shoulder. "Don't say please," she said. "If you say please, it becomes a request. You're not requesting. You're telling."

"I-"

"Hush," Victoria said. "Tell him to put the stick away."

"I've destroyed greater beings," Dai hissed, his ears flat against his head. "I'll kill you too," he said, his alarm bleeding through his voice. He was like an animal backed into a corner. He was utterly terrified by the heavens.

"Dai!" Lukas snapped. "Just knock it off!" he said and much to Lukas's surprise the collar of red and orange flames that had not appeared since Lukas bound Dai as his familiar showed up once again on Dai's neck.

Slowly, the tension melted from Dai's body as his sword melted from his hands. He panted as Lukas winced, knowing that his words held power. He hated using this power, letting Dai run wild through the trees instead. Lukas had never wanted complete control over another being. He just wanted to find the Rose Book. To return his sister to his side.

"Very good, Lukas," Victoria said. "Now. Go to your room and let's forget this mess happened."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hehe Lukas is in time out.

Also:

I have no clue what awaked this deep hatred in all of y'all but reading through the comments, I cannot find one singular person who likes this man

I mean he's nasty but I swore at least some of y'all would be into that.

Comment to prove me wrong!