four

I woke up in a bit of a panic, I hadn't heard Tyler all morning, nor did I have him trying to prise my eyes open and ridiculous o'clock telling me about his dream and silence in this house meant

I tiptoed to his room, and quietly peeked through the door, he was surrounded by paper and he had all his crayons out.

"hey mama" he smiled,

"good morning handsome, what are you doing?"

"just drawing some stuff" he handed me a wad of papers "look here's me you and daddy yesterday looking at dinosaurs"

"wow, you are the best drawer ever!" I praised him.

"Are we going to see him today?" his eyes full of excitement.

"After we've had breakfast we'll call him"

"okay mama" he Grinned

After being asked 170 times if we could ring him I finally gave in and. Passed him the phone.

"Hi, it's Tyler" I heard him Giggle "MAMA HE MUST OF KNOWN HE'S ALREADY OUTSIDE" I heard him Squeal! He threw the phone at me and bolted to the door.

"so what do you want to do today?" Cole asked coming through the door with Tyler hanging on off him like a jungle gym.

"I wanna go on my bike, I'm really good ain't I mama"

"then let's go to the park" cole suggested "is mummy okay with that?" he turned to me.

"You guys go ahead, I'm gonna stay here and get some paperwork caught up on"

"pleaseeeeee mamaaaa" Tyler whined.

"yeah please mama" Cole copied

"Fine, give me 5 minutes" I rolled my eyes like I was saying yes to Tyler, not cole right?

When I came back downstairs cole had already got Tyler's bike from the shed which was a good job as I refused to go in the spider-infested thing, and we drove to a country park where I hadn't been for a long long time, and I knew exactly what cole was trying to do.

"Why did you bring us here?" I groaned.

"what? It's a beautiful place" he 🤷🏻 pretending he didn't know what I was talking about.

"don't act stupid, why here? The place we got married?"

"it's a special place, I wanted to show Tyler"

"right" I rolled my eyes.

Tyler whizzed off on his bike leaving Cole and I to walk awkwardly next to each other, he wasn't wrong it was a beautiful place no matter the season, and the estate at the top does the best cheesecake, we stopped at the small park, it was muddy and I knew cole couldn't stand mud "can you push me, dad?" Tyler called from the swings.

"I'll do.." I went to speak but cole was already walking through the wet bark in his red-bottomed shoes.

I stood and watched the to running around acting like a pair of kids, I had never seen Cole so Relaxed, "having fun?" I called.

"I am Actually" he laughed, his phone started ringing and he Quickly put Tyler down and walked away, Tyler ran off back to his bike, he seemed to be having a serious conversation "okay I love you too, I'll see you soon" I was sure I heard him say as he came walking back over... He had a girlfriend??

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah uh, work called look I'm gonna have to take you guys home somethings just came up," he Said Awkwardly he must have forgotten what a shit liar he was.

"No that's fine you get off, I'll have laura swing by and pick us up, Tyler daddy's going, come and say goodbye"

"Bella, I'm sorry.."

"let me just tell you one thing! You don't fuck with him Cole, don't pick him up and drop him when you feel like it he is not a toy"

"Bella... Please don't leave things like this"

"I'm not leaving things like anything, I'm not playing these games with you, so ring me when you are next free and we'll arrange for you to see him"

"Can I come and see you tomorrow?"

"No, I'm at a works dinner" I rebuffed.

"what about Tyler?"

"He'll be with his nanny, I'm not going to leave him alone to fend for himself"

"I know, I didn't mean it like that"

"No I know you didn't, right Ty say bye to your dad and we'll go get some cheesecake whilst we wait for Laura to come fetch us"

"bye daddy, thanks for taking me to the park" he waved before zooming off.

"see you later Bella"

"yeah bye," I faked a smile.

I didn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him, once bitten twice shy.