Chapter 19

Violet's POV

"Hey guys," Cassidy says softly as she climbs in through my bedroom window. She sits down on the bed between Jasper and Piper. "So I just part overheard the band meeting."

"What are they talking about?" Carter demands, unable to help himself. I can't blame him. I'm dying to know as well.

"Apparently they're talking about just cancelling the tour. Like, completely. They think they've fucked us all up by having us so stressed out about the press and stuff like that. Oh, and someone mentioned family stuff." We all glance over at the empty beanbag chair that Barry always sat on during these little powwows. My heart aches. After a moment, I feel their eyes on me.

"I already got the abortion," I say quietly, knowing they're all curious but won't ask. "Mum and dad took me yesterday. It's done."

"How do you feel?" Piper inquires, resting her hand on my arm.

"I'm fine. I'm just glad it's done and I don't have to think about it anymore. I wasn't even remotely ready to be a mum."

"How's Barry doing?" Carter blurts out, worry etched on his face.

"Better. Like, a lot better. I went with mum and dad to see him yesterday after my abortion. Mum had that he was really upset after he found out I was pregnant, but he seemed to be in better spirits. The doctors are saying he could be out within a few weeks."

"Does he talk about missing us?" Jasper inquires, giving me a half smile.

"Yeah. He misses you guys so much. He misses everyone."

"Not everyone," Cassidy squeaks out, her face heating up. "He hates me." She sniffles softly.

"That's not true at all, Cass," Carter argues, hugging her tightly, "Barry could never hate you."

"I don't know about that," she protests.

"I do. He has had the biggest crush on you for the longest time. He didn't leave you in the airport because he hates you. He left you there because you were the last person he trusted and you broke that- you know what? Hearing that out loud makes me realize that it sounded better in my head. Ignore me," Jasper states, leaning back against the wall.

"What the idiot meant was, Barry- no that won't come out right either. Damn it," Piper swears, "Whatever. The point is that Barry loves you. If I were you, I'd go see him and talk about this whole thing with him."

Cassidy sighs, "I don't know if he'll even let me back to see him. I'm sure that if he doesn't even want to see Violet most of the time, that he definitely won't want to see me."

"You'll never know until you try," I counter. She nods, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Hey Cass, we never did ask, but what did your dad say when you finally got back from yours and Barry's getaway?" Jasper comments, leaving forward again.

"He was pissed at Barry for leaving me. He thought he was being selfish. Then Blue and Calum got the news about what happened, and he felt terrible. He still does."

"Tell him not to. He didn't know. None of us did," I respond, spinning in my chair. Cassidy nods, clearly lost in thought about someone or something.