When she was four years old, she looked into those dark eyes and saw purpose. He was her purpose. He took her hand and led her down the fatal path, yet she loved very single second of it. 

He tortured her with no mercy, yet she loved the pain he gave her.  

His lips held sweet poison, and she drank up every drop of it. 

He gave her heartbreak, but at the same time, he showed her what true happiness felt like. Happiness was when he loved her. Happiness was when she could hold him in her arms and feel his heartbeat. Happiness was seeing the rare, true smile that was only reserved for her light up his beautiful face. 

That, was what heaven felt like.   

And for that one, single moment, she would trade her life over again. 

For this love that she dreamt of, she had sacrificed everything she had and much more. 

Why won't you love me, Tom Riddle?  

She looked at him, and he looked back. 

He could hear the thoughts running through her mind. He felt the sadness radiate off of her. 

If I had a heart, I would give it to you.  

She waited for a response. She waited and waited her whole life that someday, he might see past everything and settle down for her. That he would take the world off his shoulders and just hold her. 

He leans in, and she couldn't resist his pull. 

........................................................... 

Sam wandered around the corridors after breakfast, having a free period. 

He wanted to search for either Cassie or Abigail, but was unable to find either of them. 

"Mate...last night was so sick. Renee Bellwig was on fucking fire. I swear, I've never had a girl with an ass like that." Lestrange bragged of his conquest to his friends, who snickered and whistled. 

Avery half-heartedly clapped Lestrange's back. "Congrats, mate." 

Sam saw the group and was about to spin on his heel and walk in the other direction. Avery, however, saw him.  

Sam eyed him tentatively and walked away in the other direction. Avery hesitated a moment before leaving his friends and walking down the hall. 

"Hey!" Avery called as they turned the corner. 

Sam stops. 

"What do you want?" Sam said, trying to keep any emotion out of his voice, but unable to control the butterflies raging in his stomach. That night in the train station, however, Avery had made it clear that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with Sam. 

Avery hesitated a moment before speaking. 

"I just...I just want you to stop, Sam. Whatever you're doing. Just stop it."  

"Is that all you wanted to say? You followed me all the way here just to say that garbage? You've already said this before." Sam said, hurt.   

"Please...don't do this to me." Avery whispered. "Please just leave me be and let me live!"  

"I'm not doing anything to you. It's your own doing, Miles." 

"Then tell me! How can I be at peace? You started this, Sam. Now you have to end it so my life can go back to normal..." Avery asked, taking step closer. 

"You don't even know me, Sam. You don't even know how fucked up I am. You don't know the things I took part in...if you did, you would fucking hate me."