Does It Get Any Easier?

Start from the beginning

"No no, nothing like that." Seth laughed.

I threw the rest of my cake away and walked out of catering. I couldn't hear about his 'new friend'. Whatever, it's not like I cared.

Nikki and Dolph had graciously watched the kids for me, and I told them to go join everyone when I got back.

Soon enough, it was time for Maddy's farewell speech. She was in the ring, holding a microphone to her lips.

All of us were anxiously watching in the locker room.

"Hey guys, I hope your enjoying the show so far!" Maddy hyped the crowd up. She was always good at that.

"I have some very exciting news to share with you all..but it's very bittersweet." She lightly smiled. "As you know, me and Dean Ambrose got married a few months ago..and a few days ago, I found out that we're PREGNANT!"

The crowd was deafening. The loudest I probably ever heard them. They began chanting "YES YES YES!" Earning a smile from Brie and Daniel.

"So due to my pregnancy, I can no longer wrestle." She frowned. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it, I gotta give some of the other girls a chance to shine," we all laughed at her comment.

"I'm extremely grateful I have the opportunity to become a mother, and I'm very happy I can share this journey with all of you, and my amazing friends." She grinned.

"So this isn't goodbye..it's see you later." She waved to the crowd before walking up the ramp, for the last time.
-

After the show ended, everyone began the drive to South Carolina for a few live shows. Maddy, Dean, the kids and I began our drive to Davenport Iowa.

I was planning on going somewhere I hadn't been..in a long long time. I knew it was going to be hard for me, so I was glad I had Maddy and Dean to keep me company.

I was going to Spencer's apartment. Look through his stuff, find the things I want, put the rest in storage.

I had also been secretly debating whether or not to permanently move back to America, specifically in his old place.

It was still up in the air, I wanted to see how I felt being back there before I made a decision.

Once Dean and the kids were asleep, Maddy turned off the radio and looked at me.

"What's up?" I asked, eyeing her.

"I want you to know that I'm here for you. I know this is gonna be extremely hard for you,
So just know if you need to take a break, if you need a drink and need someone to watch the kids, if you need to hit something, I'll find someone for you to do that too, just know that I'm right by your side. Through all of this." Maddy grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"Thank you, Mads." I sniffled. "I-I hadn't really thought about how weird it's gonna be. Being in his place, without him."

"I know, I know." She nodded sadly.

"I still remember one of the first few times we stayed there, we were both drunk, and probably annoyed the neighbors that night." I laughed, remembering that night like it was yesterday.

"Spencerrrrrrr turn the light on!" I whined, plopping on his couch. Spencer trudged over to the lamp and switched it on.

He handed me another beer, and we started continuing our night from home.

"W-Where's the bathroom again?" I asked, downing the rest of my beer and standing up.

"I can show you!" He grabbed my hand, pulling me up the stairs. He led me right to the bathroom, turning the light on for me and then shutting the door.

After doing my business, I washed my hands and then walked back out. He was leaned against the fire pole, waiting for me.

"Your so hot." I giggled, rushing towards him. I leapt into his arms and began kissing him.

We got so lost in the kiss that we forget we were right next to the pole, until Spencer backed up and fell down.

I screamed as we flew down, crashing hard onto the floor. Well, Spencer broke my fall.

"Owwwww!" He groaned.

"Shit, I'm sorry!" I frowned.

"Don't apologize, I liked where that was going.." He pulled me close to him once more. 

"Then let's not stop." I smirked, as he carried me over to the couch.

Nothing ended up happening, as we cuddled up beside each other and fell asleep.

A tear slowly fell from my eye as I drove. It was never going to get any easier..

- - -
Harper's still struggling with Spencer's passing😭I'll still be posting flashbacks every now and then as well..hmmm I wonder who Seth's new friend is?👀Don't worry, you'll meet her next chapter! Thanks for reading :) 💛