"I never knew this day would come...you were so young and wild and free", the usually sunshiny guy said, wiping away a stray tear and patting the slightly annoyed boy on the shoulder.

"he's finally grown up..." another adds, his dimples showing as deep as how proud he was of the younger boy.

"oh, I remember when we would sing heavy metal songs together...good times."

" hyungs, stop acting like I'm getting married!" 

.

.

.

.

"jungkook! you're going on a dating show for god's sake!" jimin yelled, dragging the maknae's 2 black suitcases down the stairs. "what if you come home with more than just your paycheck...?" he suggested, waggling his eyebrows. I reach out and wack him on the shoulder, and he yelps and runs away. 

"first of all, it's not like anything will happen. none of the girls are even that pretty or talented." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"you know, iu was on that show...." yoongi casually mumbles, looking at his phone but knowing well that he just flame grilled the maknae. 

"...ok most of the girls." I say after a few seconds of intense pondering. "anyway, second of all, I'll be back in a week at most even with visiting my family. so you won't miss me too much." I shrug. "no big deal."

the words fall and nothing seems to happen. 

"well?" I ask, expecting a reaction, suddenly uneasy. "aren't you guys going to do something or-"

"GROUP HUG!!!" everyone yells, cutting me off with their embraces of sunshine.

normally I would reject them and complain, but I gladly accepted their comfort, because even though I wasn't showing it. I was extremely nervous. we broke apart after a couple of seconds, everyone patting my back and ruffling my hair, sending me off as I get on the car. I wave goodbye to my hyungs and pull out my earbuds and listen to music the entire way to the airport. however, as I see my manager I pull him aside to ask him a couple of lingering questions. 

"hey sejin hyung, do you know who my partner is?" I say casually, trying to get at least a group name. 

"sorry jungkook, I don't know, and even if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you anyway. she's going to be on a separate flight too, so I don't think you'll see her until you guys start shooting for the show."

"seriously? not even like a script reading?" I ask in awe. 

"nope, the beauty of this show is that it's almost completely unscripted," my manager said with a sincere look in his eyes, "that's why so many people like it and watch it. everything is raw."

my eyes widen, and I begin to worry. the pressure of keeping my image for this show begins growing on me, and I nervously rub my neck, and try to sleep on my way to the airport but my eyes keep fluttering open again, eventually settling on the nightscape of seoul. 

*time skip*

"jungkook!", a voice calls out, shaking my shoulder. I rub my eyes wearily, my face puffy and earbuds half falling out of my ears. "we're at the airport. we didn't tell anyone that you're leaving today, so there should be almost no fans, but keep your head down." I nod and gather my stuff, and step out of the van. magically, there are no screaming fans to greet me as I walk through the airport. it feels nice to finally breathe without people breathing down my back all the time, so I cherish it, walking extra slowly. 

I finally settle into the seat of the airplane and close my eyes. the thought of the show popped up again, and I tried to calm myself, but it felt like there were ten thousand butterflies in my stomach. it was going to be a long week. 

.

.

.

a/n: feel free to interact with me and leave comments :) hope you've been enjoying so far!

-candy💜