Chapter 8: Queens and School

Comincia dall'inizio

She walked down the streets and tried to remember the way from the computer, but unfortunately she got lost again. As she walked around, she found a small sandwich shop. She entered and at once the smells hit her. She walked to the counter and spoke.

"Hey, excuse me?" She asked the man behind the counter.

"Hi, kid." The man said. "What can I get you?"

"Oh, no. I don't want anything. I'm just a bit lost." She said. "Do you know where I could find Midtown School of Science and Technology?"

"That school, yeah. It's down the street. Take 2 lefts and it'll be on your right." The man said.

"Ok, thanks" Ruby said, but before she could leave she spotted a T.V. in the corner.

In the screen the same picture of her was on it. She stared at the screen for a couple of moments and the man behind the counter noticed it.

"Strange kid . . . that one." the man muttered.

"Uh?" Ruby asked.

"I know what you're thinking." The man said as he cleaned the tables. "A kid with powers. It's dangerous and risky to keep her out in the world, but she might not be that bad. If you're new here you probably don't know that Queens itself has her own superhero."

"Superhero? What do you mean?" Ruby asked with narrow eyes.

"So you are new here." The man said. "Well there's this guy. He calls himself the Spider-Man. Most people know him from YouTube and stuff. And I'm telling you this, he isn't that bad. The government is just paranoid about that girl Ruby."

"Hmm. . . . Good to know. Anyways thank you for the directions, Mister . . . ?" Ruby said

"Call me, Mr. Delmar." Mr. Delmar said.

"Sure." Ruby said and left the shop.

As she walked to the school she thought about what Mr. Delmar said. So the Spider-Guy was in Queens. What a thrilled. She could hang out with him and then she wouldn't have to be alone. Maybe this school thing what's a bad idea after all.

After taking the exact directions from the sandwich shop, Ruby finally finds the school. She enters the empty hall ways and realizes that she's about half an hour late. She walks the halls and finds a man in a suit.

"Hello Ms." The man said. "Do you have a hall pass?"

"Uhh...No" Ruby said. "I'm actually new here . . .?

"And your name is?" the man asked.

"Ru- I mean Drew H-Hudson." Ruby said nervously

"Drew Hudson . . .ummmm . . oh yeah. I'm the principal by the way. " The man said as he started walked down the hall. "Your father, Author Hudson spoke to me a few days ago. But it's almost 7:30. Why are you so late? "

"Oh, I just got l-lost on the way." Drew (Ruby) said. "You see my dad forgot to give me the address to the school."

"Uh ok. But next time I'll have to give you detention." The principal said. "So do you have your schedule or should go to my office and get one?"

"No thanks. I have it right here." Drew said and pulled out a paper. "I have physics first period."

"That's with Ms. Warren." The principal said. "Here let me show you the way."

They walked together through the halls until the principal stop in front of a door. He knocked on it and called Ms. Warren. He explained to her about Drew then left. Ms. Warren went inside of the classroom as Drew followed.

"Class can I get your attention!" Ms. Warren said and immediately the class fell quiet. "Thank you. Now as I told you this morning we're going to have a new student."

Whispered started to spread around the class as Drew stood awkwardly beside the door.

"Come here Drew and introduce yourself." Ms. Warren said and signaled to her to come in front of the classroom

Drew walked to the middle and said. "Uh . . . My name's D-Drew Hudson."

"And . . ." Ms. Warren asked.

"And nothing." Drew said as soft laughter came from the students.

"Come on, say some stuff about yourself." Ms. Warren said

"I would rather not." Drew said. "Can I sit now?"

"Yeah, I guess." Ms. Warren finally gave up. "Go sit next to Flash."

Drew looked around and the guy called Flash said.

"Over here"

She walked over to him, but before she sat Internship boy down she saw something in the corner of her eye. She turned around and saw the Stark Internship boy behind Flash.  

--------------------------------------

OK so..... interesting chapter. What do you think?

Anyways, i want to tell you that now whenever someone talks to Ruby, she would always become Drew in the writing. But of course she's still the same person. 

Word Count: 2091

Vote

Share

Comment

Or whatever...