4- maddie

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that my sister was dating Asher Schlink. Why? Just why? Jillian and Elle still didn't know and I sure as hell wasn't going to tell them, that's for damn sure. Imagine how they would react. Elle hates Eden enough. Jillian's still recovering from the fact that Edeneven has friends.

Fortunately, Eden's smart enough not to do the drug part. She hasn't even smoked a fag yet! The thought of it scares me, though. My mum is completely clueless to everything. She doesn't know i'm popular, she doesn't know Eden can sing, she doesn't even know she writes music. It's not hard to lie to her, because she'll believe whatever we say.

When my Dad was there. He was never there. He was just like, never there. I'm not talking 'bout the school run, i'm talkin about at night when we were being shits, like "no, we're not going to bed." My Dad was never there to be like, "listen to your mother." Can you relate? He was "working." I think mum realised when Eden made her mind up, she made her mind up. She found it difficult to stand up to her, because she didn't really have a motherly figure growing up. She didn't have the strength to say to her, "stop it."

I think the worst part about being popular is acting like you're perfect mold. Like you're indestructible. Like no one can touch you. But it's the complete opposite. The words hurt just as much, and they affect us just as badly. How do you think it feels being called a "slut" because of the clothes you wear 24/7? Here's the thing. I used to hate wearing clothes like that, but I had to fit in. I felt obligated to do whatever they did. The bad part is, it's growin' on me. I kind of enjoy it. I mean, I totally rock those uniforms! Ona scale of 1-10, I enjoy being popular on about a 4. Although half the school hates me, at least most 'em worship me. Some people actually idolize me. I remember once in year 9 someone actually asked for a picture with me! But of course, along with the good comes the bad.

At lunch today, Elle and Jillian sat down with a clear as day attitude.

"What, mates?" I asked.

"You didn't tell us Eden can sing," Elle snickered. "Make her teach me!" She crossed her arms.

"Elle, I can't make Eden do anything, and that's not because I "can't" it's because if she doesn't want to do it, she won't, and that's that," I sighed. "I can ask though!"

She rolled her eyes. "Make her do it, or i'm telling everyone she's dating Asher Schlink." She smiled.

"How do you know about that?" I gasped.

She rolled her eyes once again. "Ugh, your mind. It's all over his MySpace, which muah only knows," she smiled. "Gotta blast!"

This bitch got me fucked up!

Anyways, I understand how fucking dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be. A simple smile can hide so much pain. People actually think my life is perfect, when it's almost hell. Isn't that insane?

I found Eden during break and talked to her.

    “Hey, um, can you like give Elle some singing lessons?” I asked, nervously.

    She laughed. “Absolutely not,” she snickered. “Why would I do that? My voice is all natural.”

    “Because she’s gonna tell everyone about you and Asher.”
    “What?”

    “Yeah! She knows! It’s all over his MySpace!”
    She sighed. “I’m gonna fling his ass into the sun,” she rolled her eyes. “Okay, meet me after school.” She sighed again.

    When after school rolled around we met Eden in the music room.

    When we walked in, she was sitting in a chair with a guitar in her hand.

    “So, you’re gonna do it?” Elle laughed.

    “Well, no, because my voice is real, but I can teach you guitar. Can you settle for that?” She said, playing with the guitar strings.

    Elle looked at me, then Eden, then me again then Eden again. She finally spat out, “Fine!” She sat down.

    I mouthed “thank you!!” to Eden then walked off to catch my bus.