Chapter 2

Ruby's POV:

By the time I had woken up Dr. Hale was already gone, and it was night outside. I'm not sure if I will be one of the lucky ones and end up with a second chance mate, but one thing I do know is that I need to leave here.

The longer I stay here the more I will be unhappy, I have made up my mind, I'm leaving this hell hole and finding me a new place to start over at.

"Lou, are you okay with us leaving?"

"Sure, it doesn't matter to me."  She said with no emotions.

I got out of my bed and grabbed a small bag and started packing my things. I didn't have much because my father never gave me anything. I took the note pad from under my mattress and stuck it in there as well. I will leave no evidence that I have been talking with the doctor just to keep her safe.

I pulled the note pad back out and took two pages out of it. I will leave a note for Dr. Hale and my father.

Dear father, sister, brother, and pack,

You all were supposed to protect me, love me, and keep me safe but for the last ten years, I have felt nothing but hurt and beatings. I never thought that my own family would treat me as such. Then again who am I kidding you can't love anyone but yourselves. I will never think of you as my family again, but one thing I do know is that I will get my revenge on this pack, so be ready for an attack.

Written with no love, Ruby Eva Hope.

Dear Dr. Hale,

You were the only one that ever took the risk in talking to me, you were the only one who gave me the hope and love I always wanted for the last ten years of my life. I can never thank you enough for taking care of me as if I was your own. Honestly, I do look at you as being my mother. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I do know that I will be back for revenge on this pack and I will be back for you. I hope when we meet again that you and your mate will come with me to wherever I am at.

Written with every love in me, Ruby Eva Hope.

The letter I wrote for my father and the rest I left on my bed because I knew they will come in my room when they see that breakfast is not ready. The note I wrote for Dr. Hale I folded it and kept it in my hand, I'm going to stop by her room before leaving out of this house for good.

I pulled open the side of my mattress that I kept my money in that I been stealing from my father. The last time I counted this I had over $500,000. I put all my money in my bag under my clothes and got dressed. I made sure to grab my phone that I been hiding from my father.

Once I was done with everything I left out my room and headed toward Dr. Hale room. I looked at the time and seen that it was 2 in the morning. That gives me enough time to leave and be out of this territory.

When I made it to Dr. Hale room I sat my bag down outside her room. I slowly pushed the door open and seen that she and her mate was sleeping. They are the only gay couple in this pack.

I walked over to Dr. Hale side of the bed and place the note on her nightstand. I wasn't going to wake her up, but I just needed that one last motherly hug she always gave me. I tapped on her shoulder a few times until she finally woke up.

"Ruby what's wrong, why are you up so late?" She whispered.

"I couldn't sleep, and I was tired of sitting in my room crying. Your hugs always make me feel better." I lied.

She pulled me into her arms and held me there, being in her arms always made me feel safe and I will miss this. I guess she notices the letter on the nightstand and picked it up.