Prologue

They always say be thankful for what you have even if it's the most messed up family but do they ever say do what makes you feel safe. I can't even really remember the last time I truly felt safe. The only thing I will always remember is the beatings. I get them every day all day by the only three people who were supposed to protect and love me.

The beatings first started when I was 7 years old. Right a 7 year old getting beat like she was some rogue that step into the wrong territory, but I wasn't, I was the daughter of an alpha and a little sister out of three.

I got blamed for the death of my mother. I was 7 years old when my mother took me out for a run. I haven't shifted yet since I was so young, but my mother always took me out on runs when she was in her wolf form and would let me ride on her back. She took me into the forest and we would run around, my mother act as if I was too fast for her to catch and would let me run ahead of her.

I was too busy running away from her while she was chasing me and didn't know I was out of our territory. Mother hurried and called me back and I ran toward her, but a big wolf jumped in front of me blocking my way to her.

I didn't know how to fight I was just a pup, so the only thing I was able to do was back up away from it. Mom growled which made the wolf turn around giving me the chance to get to my mother. Once I reached her she made me run and hide. I didn't want to leave her, but I knew I had no choice.

She was busy trying to make sure I was out of sight and didn't pay attention to the wolf that was behind her. In one move the wolf ripped out her throat. I started running back toward the packed house with the wolf running behind me.

I made it just in time to see my father running out toward me with his best fighters. They ripped the wolf apart within seconds. That's when my father came to me asking about my mother. I burst into tears while telling him that she was dead and where to find her.

After that night the beatings started, and everyone blamed me for the death of their Luna, mother, and mate.

That day I didn't just lose a mother, I also lost my family and best friend. My Best friend Ava was forbidden to speak to me, her father didn't want her talking to someone that got their mother killed. He didn't want her to end up dead because of me.

After that day I knew I would be alone for the rest of my life. Even at the age of ten, my father told me that my mate would reject me and if he didn't he would make him. That's how I truly knew that my father love for me fully turned into hate.

I'm Ruby Eva Hope, I'm 17 years old and I'm a werewolf. I'm not just any kind of werewolf I'm a rare one and this is my story.

A/N

I know I should have uploaded a chapter but I thought why not do a prologue first and then work on chapter 1, so here is the prologue to this story. I hope you all enjoy and want to read more. I'm very excited about this story because it's my first one. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Much love!

Ms_Hera_