Chapter Twenty-Six: Time flies when you're High on Life

"What the hell is that?" The usual starting on a Tuesday morning in our grand life in little Manhattan. Samuel shuffled out of the bedroom, gently rubbing his eyes and combing back his hair while trying not to trip over Copper's large and hyper body. It's been three months since the accident... since I've resolved the little situations that was trying to hold us back, and since John was arrested for trying to kill Samuel. It's not everyday when I don't think about the accident, the fact John still held a grudge for that one little thing Samuel done, the fact he was still hooked on getting Olivia back and planned to hurt me but came across Sam. I'm just glad he's locked away for ten years, John really hit him hard with the evidence (not literally).

"Uh," I looked down at the warm mug in between my hands and the hot tea filling it. The air was starting to become chilly, the leaves were turning orange and brown, Halloween decorations and stores were being opened, and all the hot tea and chocolate were on sale. "Hot tea."

"It smells like ass." He grumbled while opening the fridge to take out his usual pre-made protein shake.

"Everything to you smell is like ass. Besides, your neighbors has been cooking all morning, the smell is stronger in the hallway."

Samuel gave me a quick kiss on the lips before downing some of the shake to satisfy that hangry mood of his. "In all the things that can get hot, you're drinking tea." He settles on the other side of the bar, still in that grumpy morning mood while sipping on his protein shake. I should definitely cook him breakfast before he leaves off for work so he doesn't bite anyone head off.

"Uh, yeah. Tea is way healthier than anything else, even that shake of yours. Why can I not drink tea?"

"I'm not saying you can't, I'm just trying to know why."

"Well that's why, and I love it." I took a big gulp to make him cringe, even though it burned my tongue a little. "What time are you coming home tonight?"

"I don't know, late again."

"Again, okay. Well, dinner will be in the fridge for you and you already know I'll walk Copper before I leave. When are you going to come home at a regular time? You've been out all week. I barely see you in the morning, yet along night when I get ready for bed."

"You're seeing me now."

"You know what I mean, besides, it feels like we haven't had a conversation like this in forever."

Samuel was already done with the shake, which means it was time to get ready for work. "We'll talk about it more tomorrow or later on tonight when you get home for work, I may be up."

"You're never up." I grumbled under my breath before drinking some more tea, to only get burned again. He circled the bar to give me another kiss on the forehead, indicating the conversation was over for now. I finally realize dating a lawyer wasn't just charity events and floor tickets to some basketball game, it comes with the short morning conversations and little time of seeing each other. A month ago, after Samuel was clear from the accident and retrieved back his focus, he's been working none stop to either get his clients out of jail or keep them from it- he has a lot of new clients that the office gave him to catch up on work.

Along with not seeing each other because our schedules doesn't correspond, we barely have sex like we use to. I know it's the fact we're out of that honeymoon stage where sex was the main thing and you do it to show your love for the other, but sometimes I want to wet my whistle for more than once or a week or twice every other week. I'm a young soul, I need that drive of passion.

I set my coffee mug down to slide of the stole, "Can you at least be late for work today?"

"Why?"