Chapter Twenty-One: Cheer Sensation

The therapist office was on the tenth floor of a building that was clearly rented out by many other healthcare professionals where people of Samuel's status come to seek help in many different ways; I think I saw an office where they do boob jobs or prepare you for boob jobs, I didn't really pay attention to it. I was really nervous, the thought of being so close by while Samuel speaks to his therapist was unnerving; I was intruding on his privacy, walking into marked territory that he purposely closed off, but here I am jumping the gate.

I've been sitting in the waiting area for almost fifty minutes now, flipping through outdated magazines while checking through my phone as if a message would pop up to keep me busy. The office was really quiet too, with the receptionist typing on her computer and the loud annoying phone ringing in the mix of her picking up and putting people on hold. Plus, another patient of Doctor Harrison's practice sat closer to the exit on my left, I recognized her from somewhere- but I can't exactly put my finger on it.

Suddenly, as I tried to remember where I saw the woman from, the office door opened to show Samuel and Doctor Harrison walking out; both looking happier than before. Doctor Harrison was an older woman with white as snow hair and slightly wrinkled skin, her glasses dangled off her sweater covered neck, and she walked very seriously from bad knees of sitting down all day; still, even though her bones cracked and ached, she managed to smile.

I stood to my feet to meet them halfway, obviously hiding the fact I wasn't nervous or even cautious of the whole thing. I wanted to ask how did it go, but that would be very odd- it's not like he was going through his first audition. Luckily, Doctor Harrison saved me from potential embarrassment. "I'm really glad you both showed up, like I told Samuel here, it's good to have the extra support around."

"I'm glad he invited me." Even though I was very nervous about it, I'm truly satisfied Samuel can trust me enough to drag me along to his therapy sections.

"Maybe next time you can step into the office." Samuel voiced before giving me a kiss through my hair.

"Baby steps, Samuel." Doctor Harrison beats me to it, I think she cane see past the act I'm putting on for the both of us. Letting me seat outside the room was one thing, but me listening onto what he's saying that's meant to be private is another. "I'll see you next week?"

"Yeah," He started to pull me towards the exit.

"Nice to meet you." I called out before he actually dragged me out the office. Also, I took a look at the woman I tried to figure out, unfortunately the thought of her clicked in my mind as soon as we stepped on the elevator. "Patty Darcy!" I said rather loudly while snapping my fingers in realization.

"Who?"

"Oh, the woman in the waiting room, her name is Patty Darcy- a girl I knew from high school. I couldn't remember where I've seen her from, it took some time. We were on our high school cheerleading squad together."

Samuel chuckled to himself and shook his head in disbelief, "You use to be a cheerleader."

"Uh, yeah, for the last three years of high school. Use to date the wide receiver of the football team and everything, I'm surprised you did see the pictures."

"I guess I didn't get that far into the book. Why did you join the team?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't fathom you having school spirit."

I scoffed lightly and raised my brow at him, "I was almost team captain, dear sir. I had the best school spirit in school and even was going to carry it to college if it weren't for the fact the college I was going to wasn't exactly in the athletic category."