Chapter Ten: The use of Time, and the unforgettable Truth

Ronny's apartment was quiet, it seem like no one was home; at least that was what I thought when walking in with my clothes from last night and almost walking into Gabriela's breast when she too was leaving with last night's clothes on. I ruined her escape to leave, apparently Samuel and I weren't the only wasn't the only ones who acted on our unintentional desires.

"Joy," She chirped and manages to force a smile through this critical embarrassing moment. "Good morning."

"Yeah," I moved away from the door as she held it open. "Morning. Have a good day."

"You too." Gabriela walked out, softly closing the door before running off. Just then, as if on cue, Ronny walked out from the back with his day clothes on.

"Hey," He said when looking me over to see if I were hurt. "Fun night?"

"I should be asking you that." I comment before going into my overnight bag to take out my hideous uniform. "I thought you weren't having any non-professional relationship with Gabriela. Changed your mind?"

"I thought you didn't fuck your clients, changed you mind on that?" He retort while taking out a half empty bottle of Gatorade and chugging it down in one setting.

"I didn't fuck a client." I said truthfully in a steady voice to show I wasn't phased by his comment. "I guess this isn't a conversation to have at the moment, so I'm just going to get ready."

I was ready for work in no time, I walked back out to the living room to find Ronny sitting in his recliner chair while enjoying a discovery channel about fish. "I'm off to work." I announced while taking my phone off the charger to give it a little boost and collecting my purse.

"Hey, can you stop by the market after work to get milk."

"Sure, anything else, anything you want for dinner."

"Nah, I'll be out all night, but your free to make whatever." Ronny wasn't happy, not because of my activities last night that kept me from telling him I'll be out all night, nor the fact I pointed out his broken promise he made for himself when it comes to not touching Gabriela. No, it wasn't something else that got him pissed and hot.

"What's up? Usually you like mornings."

"Nothing," He grumbled while rubbing the side of his face, basically telling me he doesn't want to be bothered at the moment.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." Walking out the apartment, I figured it was due time to call M and take that verbal ass kicking for my unprofessional doings. The phone rings twice before she answered it personally, as if she's been waiting for this call by waiting by her phone all morning. "Okay before you start, I just want to say I am so sorry. I made a mistake-"

"Joy," M sighed heavily as if she had this whole speech planned but it flew out the window as soon as she heard my voice, "Let me just say one thing that will help you out in a long run. Any form of relationship that will interfere in your work will either end in two ways: you forcing to quit, or forced to end that relationship. If this guy, your boyfriend, or even a friend is interfering with dinners and dragging you away from your clients; it's best to not continue with this line or business."

"No, he's not... he won't do that anymore, I handled it."

"Good, not you need to handle William, make sure you make up some excuse that'll keep him with our company. He wants to meet you tonight at the same restaurant, at the same time as before. Are you willing to do that?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you for this second chance."

"Save it for William, call me when it's done." She hung up just like that, no goodbye nor kindness. Jeez, am I the only one who feels normal today?