Chapter Fourteen: Good things always start off rocky

Heaven.... That's how I felt when waking up to be wrapped in silk, cotton, and a large arms that held me close to a larger body. Monogamous relationship; dinners, late-night deep talks, joking, laughing at everything and anything, hand holding, light kisses, innocent sleepovers, and sinful sleepovers. The thought of it warmed my insides, making me excited and giddy, those butterflies and flames danced with one another- causing my heart to beat fast, lips stretched into a bright smile, my body felt numb and hot; I never wanted to let go of this sweet feeling.

The tips of my fingers glide against his rough large hand, against his knuckles that held tiny scars- a fighter. Samuel told me of his rough patch in high school, the fact he was small, defenseless, his brothers were already off in college or starting their careers; he was alone, not yet capable to stand up to bullies without getting the crap beat out of them. So, behind his mother's back, he went into fighting with his father's permission. Apparently he knows five styles of fighting, learned during the years; boxing- his first ever learned of fighting, jiu-jitsu, kick-boxing, sword fighting- he said that was just for fun, and Judo. Clearly I only knew three of those five things.

I glide my light touch up his arms before carefully turning over to face him. He looked so peaceful, calm- well, almost calm, being that his eyebrows seem to push together as if having bad dreams all the time. Ever so gently, I tugged back the thick strains of hair out of his face before caressing his cheek. You can say I was being creepy and absolutely rude to be disturbing his sleep like this, but he was starting to have another nightmare: he groaned, body jerking violently several time, head moving side to side as if he were trying to wake himself up, and he even grasped for air a few times. "Samuel, baby, wake up." I said softly while running my thumb along his cheek bone.

His brows furrowed once again before finally jerking awake, he turned to his back before sitting up on his elbows to take in his surroundings- to make sure he wasn't stuck in his bad dream. I sat up as well, band on his chest above his fast beating heart, I kissed his shoulder blade to prove he was in the real world.

"Shit," He groaned while rubbing his eyes and falling back into the bed, sighing heavily before uncovering one of the main aspects of his physical characteristics that made him handsome.

"You were having a nightmare," I stated the obvious while placing my legs under me to sit up even more. I combed my my hair with the same fingers that touched him, to look a little decent in the morning. "What was it about?"

"A fire."

"Fire?"

"Yeah." His own fingers glided against my arm. "What does that mean, doc?"

I chuckled softly and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't have my psychology degree yet, but I think you're conflicted and have anger. I could be wrong."

"Maybe so. Let's get breakfast." Indicating the shirt conversation was over, Samuel rushed out of bed- butt cheeks clear as day, along with the side shot of his dock when walking into the bathroom.

"Where are you thinking?"

"Well, I'm thinking we should go to your place so you can change. Then find something quick. What are you going to do today?"

I blew raspberries and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, job search. Twiddle my thumbs as I wait by my mail box for the letters. What does an unemployed chick like myself do?"

"Relax, a little."

"Rent is due, phone bill is due, Health Insurance...Oh my god." I mumbled to myself. "Fourteen hundred dollars to my name, I can work that out- just have to eat Roman noodles for every meal until I can get a job."

Hating the Guy at the End...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara