Chapter 4: Puffer Whale part 2

Start from the beginning

Toriko growled loudly as he increased the strengths of his arms, ripping parts of his shirt, yelling, "Don't you get cocky!" It took everything he had to get that clawed hand off of him. "This is what you get, you snake king!" Toriko yelled at the beast as he readied his attack. "Knife!" With one strike, Toriko cut the leg that held him down clean of its body. However, the victory was short lived as within seconds the snake quickly regenerated a new one in its place. "The hell?!" The three hunters shouted in surprise.

The newly sprouted leg rushed at the blue-haired hunter and slammed him against the wall once again. Coco and Sarafina could only watch as their friend was smashed into the wall and get buried by rubble. 'He can regenerate like a newt, huh? His speed of regeneration is unbelievable!' Coco thought. Just then a loud roar was heard and Toriko bursted out from the rubble. He had a look of unholy glee on his, a look that turned nearly demonic in his excitement. "Hey, snake king!" He shouted. "Want me to eat you, huh?!" Even though he had this great confidence, both Coco and Sarafina knew that he has a disadvantage in the dark. Coco knew very well since Toriko relies on smell and doesn't have his eyes. He mused to himself as he thought, 'And the serpent probably has the pit organ. A sensor that captures body heat and therefore enabling snakes to pinpoint their in the dark. The Devil Serpent can capture .0001 degrees of heat accurately.' He gazed at Sarafina and nodded to himself.

Coco began taking of his wrappings. 'I guess I should be the one to fight here! Since I have no disadvantage visually.' He turned to his friend and asked, "Toriko! You know where Komatsu is, right?" Toriko nodded. "Hm? Yeah, if I follow his scent." He watched Coco removing the rest of his wrapping. "I will take him down. When I do, get to Komatsu. Sarafina, you're the only other person who can see well in the dark, so please guide Toriko to Komatsu."

"Nonsense!" Toriko said. "I don't think that's going to happen." Sarafina smiled. Coco's eyes widened in surprise. "I didn't force Komatsu to come. He came here on his own! He understand that this is part if the dangerous districts, and he probably thought the worst." Toriko told him.

"Toriko, Komatsu-kun, he..." Coco started. Sarafina placed her hand on his shoulder and told him, "Coco, you don't have to worry. I can sense Komatsu's energy and he's very much alive, so for now, he's safe." He may be safe somewhere in here, but this young woman... "Ah? Can you see death on him? Don't worry, he leaves a will every time he comes with me." Coco and Sarafina blinked at that. "A will.. You mean..." He started before the other man cut him off. "But rather than that, how's that?" Toriko asked, looking at the serpent's direction. "Can you see death about that king snake over there?" Sarafina gazed at Toriko in confusion. See...death? What was he talking about? The poison man looked at the snake a bit before answering. "...No."

Smirking a bit the other hunter said, "See?" His cocky smirk growing wider. "That means you can't take him on your own. We will take him down together!" Sarafina tossed her bag aside, tied her cane to her hip, and gripped the hilt. Pulling out a long double edged sword. "This is going to be fun." She smiled. "We'll fight together in this! I won't hold either of you guys back, Coco, Sarafina." Toriko said as the three hunters got ready to fight the beast. "I know that." Coco said as his poison finished coming out. "Thank you." Sarafina said as she readied her sword.

At the same time, both men unleashed their intimidations. Toriko's takes on the form of a male Hannya-like demon with dark red skin, pointed ears, white hair, black eyes with yellow pupils, sharp fangs, and a large tongue which hangs from its mouth. Coco's intimidation was the Japanese ghost. Stringy, black hair, pale skin and empty, void-like mouth and eyes. Sarafina couldn't suppress the chills she got from the feel of it. 'This is unreal...' She thought. The beast, in return, only roared at them, uncaring of the intimidation. "Neither my intimidation nor Coco's poison scare you, huh. How long has it been since I had a real fight?" In response, the beast sucked in its limbs and stretched them out for an attack. Rushing towards Toriko got ready as he said, "I will cut you in half! Eat this!" Toriko started to use Knife on the animal's body and all he got for his trouble was a cut in his hand. "Wha?! He's really hard!"