you're my sickness and my cure (24)

rosè's pov.

to say that i was really bored would be an understatement, i was beyond bored. my eyelids are starting to get heavy too. now that the sleepiness is kicking in, i kind of regret staying up all night and reading conspiracy theories. key word -- kind of.

and although some of them are stupid (amazingly stupid) some makes your head go BOOM.

i'm so funny.

while my language teacher was discussing the lesson, i felt my phone vibrate against the tight pocket of my jeans. i sneakily and slowly whipped my phone out and saw jennie's text.

from jendeuk:

heyhehey! i'm skipping class today, cover me up?

where are u? jisoo will be worried

from jendeuk:

silly bean, she's with me

really? i never thought jisoo would skip classes. you're b.i

from jendeuk:

indeed! i'm bi.. as in bisexual hahaha

boiiiiiii. ok, fine i'll cover you up but y u skipping classes today though?

from jendeuk:

something came up

family? just guessing

from jendeuk:

my father. anyway, i have to go!

aight, have fun with jichu

with a sigh, i gently slipped my phone inside the pocket of my jeans. when i lifted my head, i see my mrs. williams looking sternly at me with her brow raised.

"how many times do i need to tell you that phones are not allowed in my class, ms. park?"

i softly looked back at her and showed her my most perfect grin, almost instantly i saw how her tensed shoulder shrunk back. "but mrs. williams, i was merely checking the time," i uttered followed by a cute pout.

she winced and sighed out, going back on lecturing the whole class. i secretly smirked, hearing how my classmates chuckled at my successful segue.

yes, hello, i'm roseanne park and charm is something i got a whole lot of. not to brag, but i never seem to run out of that -- lisa said so.

speaking of lisa, we haven't been talking lately. it's not that she's avoiding me, it's more like she's keeping distance -- noticeable distance. it's really frustrating because i know i should ask her about this, but i can't. i can't because there's the thought that lisa might know about how i feel for her and that's the start of the break of our friendship.

and it's frustrating because i know i should want this because distance makes the heart cold, right? but the more she keeps her distance, the more i crave for her.

you know what? fuck love. it's confusing and it makes me want to rip every single piece of my hair out. but just as i was about to dig myself a hole of non-ending love and hate relationship with love, the bell for recess rang, thus popping my bubble of thoughts.

i got from my seat and lazily swung my backpack to my shoulder and padded out of class. since every break, jennie, lisa and i would always meet up in the cafeteria, my feet started taking me to that exact place where i was guaranteed to face lisa.