touch her, i'll rip your face off (06)

the sound of wheels brushing against hard cement danced around the soundless car. jennie is so weird, doesn't she find this silence awkward or uncomfortable even in the slightest? at least turn the radio on -- for my sake.

"your parents are chill with you throwing a huge party?" i asked to break the awkward silence.

"nah," she replied. "they're out for business trip."

and then it was quiet again.

to be honest, i haven't been in jennie's house before. i only know the location because i pass it every time i go to the mall. it's huge. very huge. which only makes sense considering that jennie lives on the less crappy (rich) part of the town. as for me, well, i'm somewhere in the middle. we're definitely not rich, but we're not poor either. i'm not complaining; i have a happy family.

"you should put more effort in what you wear or at least wear some concealer to hide the bags under your galaxy eyes," jennie said

i flinched a bit on my seat when she spoke unexpectedly.

should i be offended? she did call my eyes "galaxy" which i think is a compliment? nevertheless, i decided that i want to be offended

"wow, okay, ms.perfect," i rolled my eyes, folded my arms and looked outside the windom. "i'm sorry if i don't look good enough for you. it's not my fault that i wasn't born as beautiful as you!"

silence.

i expected an immediate reply or reaction from her, but i got none. curiously, i looked at her direction and was very shocked.

she's smiling!

"excuse me, kim jisoo, but i never called you ugly," she quickly glanced at my direction before turning her attention back to the road. "plus, who said that you don't look good enough for me? why'd you think i complimented you earlier? just because i felt like it?"

"i don't know!" i replied. "no one ever knows what goes pass through your head. you could be thinking about murdering me right now, and the next thing i know i'm in heaven," i said and huffed loudly.

"or in hell," jennie added before chuckling.

"ha. ha. ha. ha. very funny, kim jennie," i rolled my eyes for the second time.

"thanks," she replied which only added to my frustration.

i'm not going to hell, okay? i'm a good kid! plus, i never talk back to my mom, i don't do drugs, i don't cut classes!

ugh.

i have this sick feeling that jennie will be pushing all my buttons tonight.

"look, what i was trying to say earlier is i think you'll look more beautiful if you try."

or maybe not.

"what does that even mean?" i arched a perfectly plucked brow. thanks, lisa.