Chapter 4

Taehyung came rushing back to his hyung, his cheeks a fresh shade of red due to all the running mixed with the humiliation he went through earlier

The minute he spots Jimin, he darts with all his might right into the older's arms. "Hyung!" He cries out, burying his face into the brunette's chest. "What the? Tae? What's wrong?" He questions, trying to prey the younger's arms away from him so he can see his face better.

"I'm traumatised!" He mumbles into the older's shirt, his small hands balling Jimin's top up to the point there would be creases. "Trauma-Tae? What happened?" Jimin was confused as to what the younger could possibly be talking about.

The outside of the school was now empty since most students were now long gone. It made the area seem a tad unsettling in the ravenette's mind. He glanced around before leaning in close to Jimin's ear. "I can't tell you here incase someone might hear me."

The brunette couldn't tell if he wanted to laugh or frown at the smaller boy's behaviour. Deciding to not judge Taehyung and instead just go along with it, Jimin nods his head before leading the younger in the direction of home.

~*~

"So?" Jimin drags out the word, falling back against the deep beige couch that was situated in the middle of Taehyung's living room. It was definitely a downgrade compared to the enormous mansion his father lives in yet his mom's home was still pretty big itself. Just not as big as his father's.

Taehyung twitches his fingers, about to confess what he had not long seen in their classroom followed by the strange interaction he had with those two weird boys. However, the loud clattering of clicking heels seems to hush the boy. His mother came stomping down, almost losing her footing multiple times till she's safely on the ground floor. She drunkingly stares at the pair, a lopsided smile taking over her cherry stained lips. "T-Taehyung! Y-y-ou're home!" She squeals, giggling to herself when she almost falls flat on her ass from staggering too much.

The ravenette is quick to his feet, wanting to steady his mother who in return suddenly shoves her son away, an ugly scowl taking over her expression. "Don't fucking touch me!" She barks, her voice cold like ice. It pierces Taehyung's heart each time she spoke that way towards him, impaling him to feel nothing but guilt and shame.

"I'm sorry mom," he announces, backing away with his hands slightly raised. His mother watch with caution before clumping off in the direction of the front door, without an explanation or a bid goodbye, she leaves. Taehyung sighs, sadly beginning to get used to this cycle.

He had only been home a couple of weeks and is only now growing accustom to how his mother seems to work. She would get drunk often, at least three to four times a week and when she's not, she'll be in bed, nursing off her bad hangovers. The woman seemed almost addicted to the feeling of losing control of her body.

Taehyung stood there, his eyes still glued to the closed door as his shoulders droop in sadness. All he wanted was his mother back, the very one he faintly remembers from his childhood. The one who truly loved him and didn't play constant mind games. Jin would try to keep a distance between his mother and Taehyung, he didn't want the younger to suffer the heartache of having an alcoholic, incapable mother.